What is the best PCI video card

RoboTrip

Weaksauce
My brother is looking to throw a decent vid card into his system for some light game playing (P4 2.6, 256MB DDR PC2100 , etc...) and dosent mind spending a little money - However his motherboard does has a built in AGP video, and no expansion slot for AGP. As his gaming would be light/moderate (definatly no AA/AF, Res above 800x600 or 1028x768, DX9 games, etc...) replacing the motherboard is just not worth the money, and I was wondering what a decent decision may be on a PCI video card.

As I was looking around I noticed that you can get a FX5600 128MB in PCI, or up to a 9200 Radeon in PCI Format. At this time I was thinking that the 5600 may be the best option for him, but I was wondering if anyone else had any ideas on a card for him, anything you guys could tell me would be greatly appreciated.

Also, before I get flamed, I tried searching, but it is disabled right now.

Thanks.

It's a little older, but here's a PCI video card review that contains both the FX 5600 PCI and the 9100 PCI:

PCI video card review

Btw, the FX 5600 PCI is the best Nvidia PCI card currently available, but it's also the most expensive, to the tune of about $ 150, plus there are only two places you can get it in the U.S.:

Amamax

and

OCIE

I have purchased a 5600 PCI from both companies, and I didn't have problems with either one. However, OCIE has virtually no phone support, so you can only contact them by e-mail, and it might take them a couple of days to get back to you. Amamax, however, lists their phone number on their site, and I have had no trouble in the past getting ahold of someone there.

Hope that helps.

Back