• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

What is THE best overclocking RAM?

Joined
Dec 26, 2004
Messages
725
I have heard great things about twinmos and g.skill, but are there other companies less known that provide kick ass OC's?
 
OCZ VX PC4000 (2x512MB Dual Channel Kit) does 2-2-2-8 @ 3v at PC4000 :cool:
the alternative is the Mushkin Redline 2x512MB XP4000 (also does 2-2-2 and can do a Cas of 1.5 at DDR400)

It doesn't get too much better than that if you want to OC like mad.
 
well TCCD chip ram can go up to really high FSB (like over 300, but your timings will be somewhat high - 3-3-3 at least I'd guess). UTT chip ram can do better timings than TCCD if it has high voltage (like 3.1-3.6v) (probably 2-2-2-5 @ 250 at least - if it's good stuff).

If you have a lot of money, just search fopr pc 4800 and such. That stuff is all guarenteed to run at high speeds.

Of course, all this depends on how high you can get your cpu to.

cheap but good ram is Crucial. Crucial Value 512mb and 1GB sticks go for $45.00 and $106.00 respectively on Newegg atm. Will probably be stable up to 230-250.

Also there's Crucial Ballistix. I think that stuff should get you up above 270 mhz (ddr 540).
 
Ballistix is awesome if you don't have compatibility issues. Often, divider and ballistix don't play nice.
Mushkin blue comes highly in my book as just about all of them I had does 240 2-2-2-5 @ 3.2v. Some people wern't as lucky I hear though.
Mushkin redline is hand picked ones basically out of blue sets... Few reviews indicate this are better than the OCZ VX4000. I would think they are comparible. Both companies have good RMA so that is good to know.
Now, TCCD might be better choice if you don't like shoving 3-3.2v on VDIMM to get there... slower latency but higher FSB. They eventually match up. However, lower latencies are better for benching so it is up to you.
Gskill TCCD seems to be what everyone is after. The old ones I had was very good running 290 2.5-3-3-7 (might go higher on newer mobo but this was way back when the sticks were introduced and it was the best pair out of about v4-5 sets of TCCD I went through at time.... now a day I stick to UTT as 2 gigs of TCCD can be... bit expensive)
 
sweet, well I am going to get the OCZ memory voltage booster thing, so I can raise the memory voltages way up, which will be a plus. That mushkin redline stuff looks promising, I like the sound of pushing 1.5-2-2-5 with some higher VDIMM :cool: Thanks guys for the responses.
 
all around, Crucial Ballistic ram is best overclocker for its price, tho Gskill does nice as well


thats my opinion, but this is really an opinion thread :p


soulsaver_8229
 
Back
Top