What is the best antivirus + firewall solution?

m3avrck

n00b
Hey all! Ok so it is about time to reformat my computer and I'm looking to start fresh, and do it better this time than last.

So after some research, the anti-virus software I want to use is F-prot . Seems to be very lightweight, quite cheap, and great licensing (install on all computers in your house). Any thoughts on this one? Or other recommendations? I think this is the best bet from what I've heard.

As for firewall, Zonealarm FREE version seems to be the best in this area. Anyone care to agree/disagree, thoughts?

Just looking for programs that WILL work well and be very easy to use. Thanks!

I use my Norton Corporate for AV and for the firewall, the SP2 built in firewall and my Linksys router are all I need. People go a little paranoid about firewalls. They are needed, but I don't think we need to load all these different softwares.

Tren Micro PC-Cillin 2005 internet security is great for home or remote users.

I would use AVG 7 Free. Grisoft just released it to update thier 6 version. AVG is da Bomb it has never failed me. Stay away from Notron Computer Slower Down Virus!

Kerio Personal Firewall is kick ass also.

AVG for Anti-Virus.

Better to just run a hardware firewall but if you must go software then I recommend Zone Alarm.

Im using Kaspersky for AV and a hardware firewall.Went from Norton to Kaspersky and found a couple of viruses. :eek:

Back