What is the absolute best, highest quality, mouse & keyboard under $50?

DreamBliss

Limp Gawd
I am thinking of upgrading my mouse and keyboard. I do a lot of writing and use my TV screen as a monitor, so I need a wireless setup. I am also a bit old skool in my gaming and still use a mouse where I can. What is the absolute best, highest quality mouse and keyboard in the $50.00 range? Also is there such a thing as a "gamer's package" that comes with a mouse, keyboard and controller - all wireless?

I will hunt around NewEgg and Amazon, check out the reviews. But you can't always depend on them, so I thought I would see what others had to say here. I am especially interested in anything you know to be true from your own personal experience, I.E. you own and have used the mouse and keyboard you are recommending for an extended period of time.

Thank you for your help!

Last edited:
Generally wired devices are better quality.
Mechanical keyboards are better quality, rubber domes for better or worse are pretty much all the same but there's really nothing that will fit your budget range.
If you want a wireless mouse get a G602 on sale - that's probably the best option for you.

For a wireless mouse the G602 would be your best bet. It's on sale right now at best buy for 45$. But for gaming, a wired mouse is would be optimal. A wireless mouse will likely run into interference from time to time and be quite annoying to use. If you don't absolutely need a wireless mouse you should try and use a wired one

Don't listen to people about wireless problem's. The last time I had a problem was my G7 and that was because of frequency sharing issues with my crappy Wi-fi that wouldn't change channels. I have been gaming wirelessly on my projector for 4-5 years now with my g700 (and for many years b4 that w/ the G7) and I will cut any cord you try to attach to my mouse. Get the G602/G700s for the mouse. as for the keyboard i like the Logitech wave, definitely helps my typing but YMMV.

You won't find anything in your budget, pick up the G602 mouse, a 360 wireless controller with the windows dongle and whatever keyboard is on sale and matches your taste.

If you do a lot of typing a mechanical keyboard is the only way to go and honestly, there is no quality keyboard priced under $50. The G602 is a great mouse but no wireless mouse can keep pace with a wired one (milliseconds of delay will result in being dead!)

I'm a writer, too. I work with lots of documents, some of which are over 800 pages in length, and can't stand typing on mechanical keyboards. My speed and accuracy is so much better with scissor switch boards. The best wireless keyboard I've tried (and currently use) is the Logitech K750. FWIW, my favorite wired board is the SIIG Premium Aluminum.

I agree with the previous comments on gaming with wired over wireless mice. I have an old Razer Diamondback and a Corsair M65. Both do a nice job for me.

BTW, while I dislike mech boards for typing, they're great for gaming. I use a CM Quickfire TK with red switches and backlighting for my game playing.

I got a Logitech 705 wireless mouse awhile back. Something seemed terribly wrong with it; it seemed like the cursor would never quite go where I wanted it to. I ran the Exact Aiming test, and the 705 failed badly. Went back to a wired mouse and got an immediate and immense improvement on the test. I've been pretty much completely turned off on wireless mice since then. That little test, as simple as it is, will make issues with a mouse quite apparent. Has anyone tried a G602 versus a wired mouse on that test?

Back