• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

What is Realtek USB Audio?

tangoseal

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Dec 18, 2010
Messages
9,778
I have a Gigabyte tr40x master and I have never seen this before in any build I have ever done and it has been hundreds of them over the last few decades..
1581893475368.png


My audio is weird I can't figure out what this is? I have been using my external USB Soundblaster because the onboard sound is so fucked up. Skipping, delays, etc... this is the onboard motherboard sound.

Can anyone point me in the correct direction as to why USB audio is being installed for on board audio? These drivers are direct from Gigabyte:

See screenshot:

1581893572581.png


Also the DTS software installs but it wont work. Its completely broken. Am I missing something here? Is there a direct download? According to the motherboard it is this hardware:

1581893628010.png


Thanks
 
Unfortunately I can't turn the audio stuff off in bios. Its no where to be found.

And the software from Gigabyte wont install without error. So this is a bullshit audio chipset they put on the tr40x board. Its frustrating to have a $500 board that the audio doesn't work right and has broken software that you can't install. This was the case before and now after reinstalling windows (for other reasons) that the software wont install and work right.

No big deal I will continue to use my Soundblaster G5 external USB audio which works far better imo.

I literally think they installed the onboard sound via wiring it in through USB. it has nothing to do with the front jacks. In fact manipulating it changes volume on the line out jack which is feeding my speakers in the back of the board. Its ok I guess.
 
could disable it in device manager then. yeah it is a usb dac wired through the mobo. the pic you posted says its for the front audio and the link i posted says its for highend headphones which is why it seemed like its for the front odd it is actually the back.
 
Back
Top