• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

What is MSM?

Ah... looks like it is MultiSample Masking...

How do I enable it on a Radeon 9800?
 
I don't think there's a way to get rid of the grindlines in FF7 with any current videocard. If you play the game is software mode the grid lines aren't there. If you play with 3d rendering there are gridlines. One way to make this look a little bit better is to turn up AA and AF as far as they go.
I'm sure if you search www.rage3d.com you will find many people with the same problem but there's nothing that we can do about it....or at least last time I tried there was nothing we could do.


Oh yeah, the real culprit is something along the lines of '8-bit palletized textures'
 
Well, the TNT patch allows standard hardware acceleration (woo, big deal) but I'm looking for FSAA with it - Super Sampling allows it, without the grid patterns. I need to see if I have an old Geforce laying around :(
 
Back
Top