A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!
What is HDR? I keep hearing it in reference to the 6800 series? Do i have this capability on my 6800nu? If so how do i enable it or is it enabled by default? I didnt see anything about it in the advanced display properties.
From what I know, HDR is a method used in games to emulate the high dynamic range of light you find in the real world. You take it for granted because your eyes adjust to massive variances in light 'automatically', but a computer monitor simply is not capable of reproducing this high range of differing light intensities.
HDR adds effects to emulate this, like blooming effects, increasing contrasts, glare, etc, so that your monitor can 'appear' to be doing what it blatantly can't otherwise do.
When done well, it can work wonders in making a game look just that much more realistic.
Personally, I'd say Far Cry is a bad example of HDR.
Wow, interesting stuff. I just read that OpenEXR's HDR file format is identical to what nVidia originally created with their Cg graphics language. Cool stuff.