• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

What is good air flow?!

PeeMonkey

Weaksauce
Joined
Oct 23, 2004
Messages
72
I was wondering how to actually set up my fans to have "good air flow" Currently my case has 2 80mm fans in the back, and 2 80mm fans in the front, however which way do I point them? to pull in air or to push out air? Currently i think all of them are pushing out the air.

Which way does everyone point them out? Does it really make a difference?
 
In that setup, most people would have the front 2 sucking air in, while the rear 2 (the exhaust), are pushing air out of the case. I cant remember if people here already talked about the negative and positive pressure stuff (I think thats what its called..) with having all fans set to intake, or all fans set to exhaust.. But if they havent, maybe someone can shed some light on it for you, seeing as thats what your current setup is if what you said is true.
 
Also Clearly my case isnt getting good airflow I believe, because when I take the cover off the temperature drops from like 66 load, to about 51 so how do i fix this problem?
 
I dont think the cool air from the front fans are making it all the way to the CPU fan. You can add 1 or 2 side/windows fans blowing into your CPU and GPU fans.
 
you should change it to have the front to push air in, cause you said above that you had all of them pushing out, and if thats the case then you have no new air going in the case and you have created a vacuum and the heat stays in the case.
 
wow thanks for the replys, hmm not sure if im capable of actually making my own blowhole, however i ordered a new xp-120 heatsink, and some new panaflo fans if others have read my other thread, ill try making the front fans push in air and hopefully it drops my temperature.

I also have a question about the wiring, if I have a bunch of wiring set up all over the place does this actually prevent air from flowing through my case, because I need to really clean them up and get them out of the way of the CPU and stuff.
 
Wiring can prevent good airflow if its in the way (which it sounds like it is in your case). Also like others have said, usually the 2 front fans blow in while the 2 back fans blow out.
 
What case is it? I haven't seen many cases that had good front airflow, most just put in fan mounts to sound good.

You might be better off not using the front fans at all when looking at it from a dB/CFM perspective.
 
Back
Top