• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

what is going wrong here...rusty oc skills.

1337m0dd3r

[H]ard|Gawd
2FA
Joined
Jun 26, 2002
Messages
1,553
PROBLEM SOLVED I AM A MORON ><;;Ok so heres the deal... AMD FX6300 ,Corsair H101i gskill pc12800 Gigabyte 990 fxa ud3, 750watt corsair pro msi hd7850, windows 7 patched for fx. So I'm trying to overclock my processor, I have disabled everything as far as turbomode and all... using the amd overdrive I can have my processor at 4.5ghz 22.5 x 200 @ 1.5v and that is stable in prime95 for 4+ hours, now when I try to take that over into the bios and do the same exact settings my clockspeed jumps from 4500mhz to 3000mhz when I start prime95 and then I get a fail... and my voltage wont stay stable there either... I have cool and quiet off too... any ideas? my temps are 60c max at full load.... which should be fine in my thoughts... :confused::confused:
 
Last edited:
and a big ole face palm on my part.. didn't have apm turned off in bios forgot i turned it off through software the first time... I guess this thread can be closed ... I'm priming fine again..
 
Just curious as to what your temps are at 4.5?

I think I have a nice proc here as it will take little voltages. I have also hit some sort of wall between 4.5-4.7 as far as vcore goes. But at 1.5v+ I can't keep this one cool so I am wondering what your running at :D

4.0Ghz - 1.275v
4.2Ghz - 1.325v
4.5Ghz - 1.400v
4.7Ghz - 1.525v - Too hot but stable
4.8Ghz - 1.550v - I Shut down @ 67c
 
I haven't gone above 62c @ 4.5 @ 1.5v and that was after prime running for 7+ hours, I haven't pushed it futher yet but I think I could get at least 4.7 - 4.8ghz before mine gets too hot.
 
Not bad, I avg 63c-65c @ 4.5. I am about to try out this CM V6 I have had sitting in a box for 3-4 months to attempt 4.8, I am not comfortable with current load temps.

What are you using to cool it?
 
Up to 4.6ghz @ 1.52 primed for 7+ hours no errors I think I am gonna go for 4.7ghz and oc my ram some since this is just multiplier based so far... temps are 65c max @ full load
 
Nice, I ended up putting the V6 together this morning. Significant improvement, back to 4.8 and have not broken 60c yet, its a little chilly in this room though so I may be cheating.
 
Nice, I ended up putting the V6 together this morning. Significant improvement, back to 4.8 and have not broken 60c yet, its a little chilly in this room though so I may be cheating.

hahaha cool rooms help a lil :p
 
Back
Top