• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

What is faster?

So you want to spend 2 grand for this thing and only offers 32 MB of transfer speeds...

http://www.engadget.com/2006/06/08/pqi-has-64gb-sata-2-5-inch-flash-drive-ready-for-august/

Im leaning toward the raptors being the better option even if this thing is a little faster. I cant wait till these get cheaper and faster, im tired of HDs being the thing that slows a computer down.

EDIT: I think these drives are for laptops because they use less power, while they can be used for desktops, you really dont need to worry about power usage.
 
EDIT: I think these drives are for laptops because they use less power, while they can be used for desktops, you really dont need to worry about power usage.

if ssd is faster i might hold off in getting raptors than.
These drives are absolutely for laptops at this point. Due to thier lack of moving parts and they use much less power.

However, since you seem to be looking for the absolute in speed, even at this devices steep price. I would look into the 15k hard drives. I seriously doubt that a ssd is faster than a 15k, 74Gb Seagate cheetah
 
These drives are absolutely for laptops at this point. Due to thier lack of moving parts and they use much less power.

However, since you seem to be looking for the absolute in speed, even at this devices steep price. I would look into the 15k hard drives. I seriously doubt that a ssd is faster than a 15k, 74Gb Seagate cheetah

is that product new ?

oh wait those are the server type harddrives. scsi.
 
wait those are the server type harddrives. scsi.
They absolutely are, but it would still cost less too by that hard drive and a scsi controller than the ssd drive. It wouldn't be that much faster than a raptor, according to the reviews I looked at it really shines with random data access.
 
wait until SSD technology improves, right now we only have early generation SSD's to rely on but once all the big companies start jumping on we should see significant improvements.

Also SSD is going to be more mass produced than enthusiasts harddrives like Raptors since these are gonna be in alot of Laptops at first so prices should drop pretty fast.
 
However, since you seem to be looking for the absolute in speed, even at this devices steep price. I would look into the 15k hard drives. I seriously doubt that a ssd is faster than a 15k, 74Gb Seagate cheetah

Or you could buy a *fast* scsi disk :p The reason people know about Seagate is they do huge volume. But Fujitsu drives are a good bit faster. Check out benchmarks, you'll see what I mean.
 
Back
Top