What is everyone using for bootable discs?

merc141

Limp Gawd
Anyway at every boot my laptop gives me a BSOD right after logging in with an iastor.sys error - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OF_EQUAL and need to run some antivirus and other things ... i tried booting with a bartpe disc but it is way old and still gives me bsod. Only safe mode w/ command prompt works. Knoppix works too but I don't think its very helpful for a windows box.

So what are people using for bootable discs for situations like this? Links to ISO's would be extremely helpful. Also is there knoppix variation that can used for unbootable windows machines?

Anyway at every boot my laptop gives me a BSOD right after logging in with an iastor.sys error - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OF_EQUAL and need to run some antivirus and other things ... i tried booting with a bartpe disc but it is way old and still gives me bsod. Only safe mode w/ command prompt works. Knoppix works too but I don't think its very helpful for a windows box.

So what are people using for bootable discs for situations like this? Links to ISO's would be extremely helpful. Also is there knoppix variation that can used for unbootable windows machines?

that's the file for intel matrix storage. You'll need to replace it.
1. Use your windows disk and run the repair option

2. Hiron boot cd. just google for it. Its free loaded with everything.

I use Parted Magic Desktop off of the other Ultimate Boot CD. That's usually just to check disk status and such.

I've also found a lot of XP/Vista/7 boot errors can be corrected by running a check disk in repair console / cmd line, from booting off of the installation media.

I do want to give the UBCD that Slash listed a try. I like the idea of having a bootable Windows PE environment with a GUI. A lot more tools available.

trying to get the UBCD working but every time it saids that fltmgr.sys is corrupted. Not sure which version it wants. Thanks for the suggestions hopefully I will get this box working.

Yeah that Hiren bootcd worked great. Booted up when my old PE discs didn't. I managed to fix the box but never could get my wireless working for the Hiren bootcd. Thanks for the help!

Back