What is better?

AintSkerd

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 6, 2004
Messages
383
Have a Gigabyte P35 mobo with Realtek 7.1 onboard sound. I also have an Audigy2 card laying here. I would say my uses are 40% games, 40% music and 20% movies/tv.
I will be listening to then with JVC HARX700's on Christmas morning.

So, if you had to rate these sources how would you?
Audigy2 with Creative drivers
Audigy2 with kX drivers
Onboard 7.1

I do intend to get a new sound card in the near future. Just which option will be best for my current use mix?
 
Skipped the Audigy 2 (it was sitting at my brothers house actually) and played with the RX700s with the onboard for a bit. Very disappointed. NO BASS?!? The sound stage was way better than what I was used to (Plantronics headset) Let them run non stop for a couple days. No great difference.
So I took a few gift cards I got for XMas and ran and picked up a X Fi Titanium.
I can't even put into words the difference. Its like audio sex. And now I have more bass than I know what to do with.
Never again will anyone tell me onboard is "good enough"
 
Back
Top