• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

What is an audio input for?

hak

n00b
Joined
Mar 4, 2010
Messages
47
Ok I have the Acer H243H and I hooked up my headphones to the audio input and got no sound. I know its a pretty dumb question but what is it used for? Thanks.
 
Hook it up with an HDMI cable to a console and you will get sound. If you are just hooked up to a PC via DVI you would have to use a 3.5mm sound cable i believe, or your card needs to suppourt HDMI sound output. You also need to turn up the volume but you probably thought of that.
 
Hook it up with an HDMI cable to a console and you will get sound. If you are just hooked up to a PC via DVI you would have to use a 3.5mm sound cable i believe, or your card needs to suppourt HDMI sound output. You also need to turn up the volume but you probably thought of that.

I too prefer this suggestion.
 
I have my 360 hooked up HDMI and I put my Audio technica AD700s in the audio in jack on the back of the monitor with the volume all the way up and theres still no sound. I dunno what im doing wrong.???
 
Audio in is for sending audio into the monitor not for headphones.
 
I have my 360 hooked up HDMI and I put my Audio technica AD700s in the audio in jack on the back of the monitor with the volume all the way up and theres still no sound. I dunno what im doing wrong.???

Doesn't the Acer have 2 headphone jacks 1 on the front/side 1 on the back? Use the one on the front/side that is audio out it should work with your headphones sense you are using the 360 via HDMI. Maybe there is some weird OSD setting where you have to enable it
 
Nope theres only 1 audio port and thats the audio in on the back.

If i cant use headphones what the hell can i hook up to the audio in?

sorry for the stupid questions but i really dont know what its for lol.
 
Last edited:
Mabey for something like the xbox360 vga cables and you plug left/right sound into the audio jack.
 
The monitor looks to have built in speakers. Audio in would be for running from inputs that don't provide sound like VGA and DVI.
 
Okay, you seem to be a little confused...

For any and all audio component / device "Audio-In" means a connection that is setup to receive audio signals to be outputted via speakers / headphones. "Audio-Out" means the device sends out an audio signal via that connection. Therefore, hooking up a set of headphones to an "Audio-In" jack results in no audio at all.

The "Audio-In" on the Acer H243H is strictly for the integrated speakers. If you want to listen to audio with your headphones then you need to connect them directly to your sound card, unless the Acer H243H has an "Audio-Out" jack; which it does not.
 
Back
Top