What is a "Stats ID #" and how do I get one?

tmossman01

n00b
I want to register for the [H]orde, but could not locate what to put in that field? (sorry if this is a newbie question.)

Find your profile on your stats page, it should look something like this:

http://www.hardfolding.com/fh_stats/index.php?pz=102&tnum=33&id=1792154

You'll notice that if you go to my page, there's a string at the end of the address:

&id=1792154

This refers to the ID for the particular user (in this case, mine). So find your folding profile (the name where the points you fold get assigned to) in the [H]orde stats pages, and use that number.

OK, so do I need to wait for some work units to actually complete before I can do this? (just started folding today.)

Na, it's just a way for the DB to keep track of your stats. It takes care of it on it's own.

you will get one about 6 hours after your first WU

OK, OK! I am a proud new member of the [H] team! Got the GPU client running yesterday along with 6 standards (on a 1090T, mostly stock for the moment, just bumped up IMC to 2.4 for DDR3-1600.)

SMP client took some tweaking, was not producing until I set -np 4. It did not want to work with all 6 cores. Does anyone think that I should be concerned?

OK, OK! I am a proud new member of the [H] team! Got the GPU client running yesterday along with 6 standards (on a 1090T, mostly stock for the moment, just bumped up IMC to 2.4 for DDR3-1600.)

SMP client took some tweaking, was not producing until I set -np 4. It did not want to work with all 6 cores. Does anyone think that I should be concerned?

wait why are you running 6 standard clients? just get the SMP2 client version 6.29 read the winsmp guide thats stickied at the top of the forum section to install it and you would be getting 100 times the points your getting with 6 standard clients.. takes all of 5 minutes to set it up..

I was just starting yesterday, and got the standard clients running before I read about the SMP client. I let the standard WUs complete, while I was getting the SMP2 client set up for running. It is running now with np forced to 4 (-np 4), as opposed to np set to 6 (-np 6). "-np 6" was not progressing and was possibly hanging, but I started it while the standards were running. When I got up this morning, I tried forcing to four cores (-np 4) to see what would happen and it is chugging merrily along.

I was just starting yesterday, and got the standard clients running before I read about the SMP client. I let the standard WUs complete, while I was getting the SMP2 client set up for running. It is running now with np forced to 4 (-np 4), as opposed to np set to 6 (-np 6). "-np 6" was not progressing and was possibly hanging, but I started it while the standards were running. When I got up this morning, I tried forcing to four cores (-np 4) to see what would happen and it is chugging merrily along.

your losing about 5-6k PPD running it on 4 cores vs 6 cores.. you should just have to run -SMP and -advmethod in the shortcut nothing else.. you dont actually have to run advmethod anymore but running it will make sure you only get A3 WU's..

-np? I don't know if that's even a real flag. I suggest you set the client up by exactly following the guide stickied in this subforum. You shouldn't need to specify the number of cores; just use the -smp flag and the client will automatically detect that you have a 6-core CPU and will use all of them.

the -np param is what ends up going to the fahcore_a3 engines. (-smp 5 is what I am using now. Just letting -smp default led to an apparent hang, that is, no apparent work being done on the units.)

I am still tweaking/testing a bit, since this is a new machine. I am going to run at these settings for a bit and may tweak voltages and such later.... Gotta get the WU's in.

This thread is drifting a bit too much, so please no more comments. I will start another thread later about tweaking the config, if needed.

Thanks for your input everyone!

Back