What is a good Vista AntiVirus Program?

blairellis

Limp Gawd
I just installed Vista a couple hours ago and I tried downloading AVG from both sites on AVG's site but it kept coming up saying the file was corrupt. Anyone know another alternative that works with Vista?

I appreciate the suggestion, however I should have been more clear. Freeware is what I am after. That looks like its more of a purchase. My appologies for not being more clear.

I appreciate the suggestion, however I should have been more clear. Freeware is what I am after. That looks like its more of a purchase. My appologies for not being more clear.

a purchase you will never regret:D

Wait, who brought desks up?

Oh... dammit... didn't think about that;)

But I will say that NOD is the only solution worthy of perching upon a 10k desk... Although I have heard good things about Avast! form several people I trust, sooo....

+1 for nod32 (if you are a student you can get 2 years for like 30 bucks)

This could be argued to the point of a flamefest, but personally, I say AVG free is fine for free, and Kaspersky is the best paid, with NOD32 a reasonable runner up. I have sat and surfed the Internet with NOD32 and watched malicious programs close NOD32 without it even fighting back. AVG tends to give a lot of false positives. Kaspersky has hosed itself with bad updates. They all fail at some point. You also have to find what runs well on your machine. Do some testing and decide from there.

I have sat and surfed the Internet with NOD32 and watched malicious programs close NOD32 without it even fighting back.

On XP?
I'd agree... If you run as Administrator (which most XP users do) this is entirely possible.

However Vista has the luxury of UAC- which will stop it before it nukes the process.

But NOD32 is worth every penny. I'm the freebie type too, but NOD32 is one of the few applications I buy without a second thought.

Eset NOD32. I have vista and I can't find a single virus on my computer. Bought on the egg for cheap cheap.

Nod32, pay for it and be done with it. I was running AVG free and it was getting false positives with some of my tweaking software like rivatuner. So off AVG came and on Nod 32 went. Could not be more pleased.

Back