What is a good fan controller?

Not to crap on your thread, but this might be best if it's moved over to OCing and Cooling. I'd usually toss in a good answer, but I've never actually used a fan controller.
 
I've only used the Sunbeam Rheobus and so far so good.
Only complaints are:
-How bright the LED's are
-The silver doesn't match my lian li case
-and the blue etching (yet i can't see it because the led's are so bright)

but with a little modding i could get rid of those listed so...hmm
 
im in the market for a fan controller also, there looks to be a decent zalman on newegg thats about 30 bucks and can controll 6 fans i think.

mickey987 said:
-How bright the LED's are

so the leds fluctuate as you change the speed of the fans?
 
Aerogate 3 here. decent enough for the $25 i paid for it. 4 fans and 4 temp probes. silver unit though, if that's a concern. they make black too i think. CoolerMaster BISH....oh yeah - [H]eaVy B - you stoopid nuk.
 
i have the zalman and it gets the job done
leds are not so bright that they overpower every other led i have
 
I would lean towards the Sunbeam if only because they are rated to 20 watts per channel. Depending on what fans you plan on using I always figure it pays to go for the extra capacity.

Keep a couple things in mind as well....you can control more than one item per channel- just make sure you dont have more than the maximum rated wattage on any single channel.

BTW the Sunbeam 4 channel Rheostat control is on sale at Jab-tech.com for around $9 plus shipping. Hard to beat ;)
 
KSNIPPY said:
im in the market for a fan controller also, there looks to be a decent zalman on newegg thats about 30 bucks and can controll 6 fans i think.



so the leds fluctuate as you change the speed of the fans?

The LED's are either off, red or blue depending on the voltage setting. It's just that when the LED's are actually on, I find them way to bright. I guess if you had a door it wouldn't matter. None the less, it's still a great fan controller. It hasn't failed me yet!
 
Back
Top