Jun 16, 2005 #1 Z Zucharn n00b Joined Jun 3, 2005 Messages 43 I was looking on newegg at a bunch of PSUs, and a lot of them have a +5vsb line which I haven't heard of before. Is it just -5v or something? Just curious.
I was looking on newegg at a bunch of PSUs, and a lot of them have a +5vsb line which I haven't heard of before. Is it just -5v or something? Just curious.
Jun 16, 2005 #2 jonnyGURU Technical Marketing Manager at Corsair Memory Joined Apr 9, 2005 Messages 4,845 No. -5V is negative five volt. +5VSB is positive five volt stand by. It's an "always on" rail that gives a motheboard power for it's stand by functions: Soft on, wake on LAN, wake on ring, etc. This rail is typically only 2A ~ 2.5A capable.
No. -5V is negative five volt. +5VSB is positive five volt stand by. It's an "always on" rail that gives a motheboard power for it's stand by functions: Soft on, wake on LAN, wake on ring, etc. This rail is typically only 2A ~ 2.5A capable.