what inexpensive but large gaming mouse pad?

russ722

[H]ard|Gawd
looking for a gaming mouse pad that will be fine with a logitech g7 and a corded mouse. any suggestions?

Go to [H]ot Deals and check out the Ratpadz. Been using mine for a while now and really like it.

You didn't specify what you consider inexpensive, but I'll give another vote for Ratpadz. Shipping is included in the price.

Ratpadz is the only mouse pad you'll ever use and ever want to use.

I don't suggest getting a Ratpadz.

I fell for it about 6 months back, bought the XT one (which claims to not suffer the wear of a mouse going over it.. not sure what the word is, but so the pad doesn't lose its texture over time), well, only 2 or 3 months after I got it, the top part of the mousepad (where my mouse slides) was all flat.

It's also an incredibly small mousepad, it gave me terrible cramps in my wrist after only an hour or so of playing.

I've had an Everglide Ricochet for a few years now and it's as good as new, I like it a lot. But they sadly stopped producing it.

But anyway, don't get a Ratpadz, it's very small and terrible quality

Razer Goliathus standard or Steelseries Qck Heavy.

but if you want to get an extra few HS and kills go for the best mouse pad out there, Razer Destructor.

I use a fUnc Archtype. But I wouldn't consider that inexpensive. I hear good things about the Ratpadz, minus the one dissatisfied customer posted above.

Another vote for the ratpadz... I've got one and it + my kb are bigger than my kb tray so I have it sideways... still is awesome!

I recommend the Razer Goliathus Omega or the Razer Pro|Solutions Pro Pad. The previous can be had for $12.99 and the latter can be had for $17.99. I have the Pro|Solutions pad and a G7 and they work pretty well together.

I don't suggest getting a Ratpadz.

I fell for it about 6 months back, bought the XT one (which claims to not suffer the wear of a mouse going over it.. not sure what the word is, but so the pad doesn't lose its texture over time), well, only 2 or 3 months after I got it, the top part of the mousepad (where my mouse slides) was all flat.

It's also an incredibly small mousepad, it gave me terrible cramps in my wrist after only an hour or so of playing.

I've had an Everglide Ricochet for a few years now and it's as good as new, I like it a lot. But they sadly stopped producing it.

But anyway, don't get a Ratpadz, it's very small and terrible quality
How is it a small mouse pad if it's 11.5 by 9.3 which is almost identical to yours?

Reference: http://www.everglide.com/pages/everglidericochet.php

I been using Ratpadz GS for past 3 or 4 years, its worn now, but still very usable :)

Hey op, whats the mousepad intended for? Heavy competitive fps gaming or light casual gaming and usuall everyday pc use.

I'd also like to know what is inexpensive to the OP.

I use the Razer eXactMat. Some may not constitute it as inexpensive, which is why we need to know.

I use a fUnc Archtype. But I wouldn't consider that inexpensive. I hear good things about the Ratpadz, minus the one dissatisfied customer posted above.

how is that pad btw? i was thinking about buying one, but i havent read many user opinions on the pad (though i read a few professional ones). thanks.

While we're on the subject, which texture is best for FPS games? Smooth or bumpy?

I had a ratpadz and I wasn't impressed. It wore down fast and I still thought it was small.

I got a Razer Mantis pad (IT'S HUGE!!) and it's still treating me good after years of abuse.

To all you saying you wore down your ratpadz: how did you accomplish this? Seriously, this thing is a very hard plastic with a low-friction pattern etched onto it. I guess If you had like... cheetoe crumbs and sand rubbing between your mouse and the pad, maybe.

But for general use, I don't understand how you can wear through this thing... I've had mine for over a year and have no problems whatsoever.

I've had my RatzPad GS for about 5 years now and it's due for a replacement. I think it's lasted so well because I wash it frequently and then buff it up with Armorall or Sonofagun to keep it slippery.

To all you saying you wore down your ratpadz: how did you accomplish this? Seriously, this thing is a very hard plastic with a low-friction pattern etched onto it. I guess If you had like... cheetoe crumbs and sand rubbing between your mouse and the pad, maybe.

But for general use, I don't understand how you can wear through this thing... I've had mine for over a year and have no problems whatsoever.

What's general use? Browsing?

If you game at a low sensitivity then you can easily wear down any cloth/plastic/rubber pad in 3-6 months.

Probably the reason why its worn out, is because some mouses had mouse feet worn out, but the mousepad still works fine :)

I've had an Xtrac Ripper XL for a couple years now and love it.

What's general use? Browsing?

If you game at a low sensitivity then you can easily wear down any cloth/plastic/rubber pad in 3-6 months.

I mean general use as in # of hours a day... I'm probably at my computer 3-5 hours a day... gaming/web/etc...

I guess if you're at a low sensitivity and have a mouse that has really rough feet, then you could wear it down...

Well if you are at low sensitivity what's the point of a precision mouse pad?

I also don't understand why people need need HUGE mousepads when most people who use these types of mouse pads use high DPI mice. On my dual screen set up I can go all the way left to right with just the flick of a wrist.

That being said, I'm very happy with my RatPadz XT I picked up almost a year ago

I have what I guess is a Steel S&S. It's nice and large, and works well. I had a Ratz GS in the past, and I would definitely buy one again. Pledge was my cleaner o' choice.

If you're looking for inexpensive and slick I suggest a marble tile. I got one from lowes for 6 bucks and then used some polishing compound to shine it up and then have just used endust since to keep it slick. Works great and is very cheap.

ratpadz.... jus tlike above, mine lasted well into 6 years. Always Pledged it after a good bathing.

Ratpadz GS is awesome. It's huge compared to any mouse pad I have seen and it's held up well the last two years. Not to mention it's cheap and good looking.

Ratpadz XT... had it for over 2 years without issue. Plus, how can I NOT plug the product sold by Kyle? :)

2.png

$15 CompUSA cloth pad. This thing is quite big and glides smoothly. it has lasted through my beatings....

Back