What indicates a DVD burner is dieing

biru32

Limp Gawd
Can anyone give any tips on what indicates when a DVD burner is dieing? When I flip over my DVD's after they are burned, the coloring of the burn area isn't consistant. Also, when I play the DVD, the movie will get stuck then jump forward to a different chapter or backwards or start over from the beginning.

Any tips much appreciated!

What's your burner, and what's the brand of the discs you're burning to? You can't just use any DVD media. Some are great, some are good, some are complete junk.

Also, though I'm not sure if this is a problem nowadays, but if you have your burner burn constantly for a period of time, it can be a bit detrimental.

By the way, it's 'dying'.

GJSNeptune said:
What's your burner, and what's the brand of the discs you're burning to? You can't just use any DVD media. Some are great, some are good, some are complete junk.

Also, though I'm not sure if this is a problem nowadays, but if you have your burner burn constantly for a period of time, it can be a bit detrimental.

By the way, it's 'dying'.

I'm using junk media most likely, Staples house brand...LOL. My burner is by Pacific Digital, here's the detail: http://www.pacificdigital.com/products.asp?gpcid=5&cid=31&scid=116&ItemID=111

Thanks for your help.

Back