• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

What I did with my E7300

Joined
Jun 16, 2008
Messages
808
After my cousin played with his 920/x58/Corsair DDR3 1333 Tri Channel and overclocked it. He didn't get the improvement he wanted compared his G0 Q6600-Asus P5Q SE/R-Patriot DDR2 800 ram. He was going to make a pc for his mom, but thought the Q6600 was overkill for browsing the internet. He regretted buying a Nehelam setup, too bad he couldn't return it lol. After I saw the performance he got, it deterred me from getting the Nehelam setup, so he asked for the E7300 back and he gave me his old set up of Q6600-Asus P5Q SE/R-DDR2 800 RAM. The catch was I had to pay him $120, but hey its I got those nice 3 parts for $120! The really cool thing is the Q6600 had a VID of 1.2125. Before his new setup he had his Q6600 running at 3.6ghz. SWEET!!! Because he saved me from buying a Nehelam setup, I am going to liquid cool this one he sold me.

To Moderators: I am sorry to the admins for breaking a rule about not asking permission to do a contest/giveaway.
To Everyone else: Sorry that I didn't do a drawing for anyone, wasting your time, and getting your hopes up.

:(forgive me:(

Sincerely,
Mark
 
Glad to hear you're happy with your setup.

I'm still having a hard time deciding between Core 2 (Q6600 to be exact) and an i7 myself, but considering I'm upgrading from an aging X2 3800+ w/ 1GB RAM and integrated graphics, and I plan on keeping it from 3+ years like my X2, I will probably go w/ the i7 myself.
 
For about $1000 you could build a nice Q6600 gaming rig. For the cheapest CPU, Mobo, Ram for i7, you will spend about $650+. The Intel 920 $320, MSI X58 $220, 3x1gb Tri channel $110. You'll notice a big difference going to the Q6600, and maybe an even bigger difference if you go from your amd to nehelam.
 
Back
Top