What HyperX modules use BH-5 chips?

merlin704

The Great Procrastinator
Reason I ask is because, I have 2x512mb HyperX PC2700 sitting here on my desk. I was bored today so I installed them to see how high they would overclock. Well lo and behold, I was able to get them to 235Mhz using a 1:1 Ratio. I used the settings 3-4-4-8 with 2.8Vdimm.

Here is a pic:

Memory.JPG

thats definately not bh-5. If it were bh-5, it would be doing that at 2-2-2-5, not 3-4-4-8. KHX 3000 is bh5, and 3200 without an A at the end of the part number is bh5.

Originally posted by sKiTz0
thats definately not bh-5. If it were bh-5, it would be doing that at 2-2-2-5, not 3-4-4-8. KHX 3000 is bh5, and 3200 without an A at the end of the part number is bh5.

So I take it I have some magic HyperX PC2700?

considering the rated timings are 2-2-2-5, i would hardly consider that magical. That much of a latency increase will usually yield a good fsb gain.. but you might wanna run 3dmark to see if the performance you lose from thos latencies is worth what you gain with the fsb.

Originally posted by sKiTz0
considering the rated timings are 2-2-2-5, i would hardly consider that magical. That much of a latency increase will usually yield a good fsb gain.. but you might wanna run 3dmark to see if the performance you lose from thos latencies is worth what you gain with the fsb.

I didnt lose any performance, if anything it went up due to the high Memory Bandwidth.

Intel setups benefit more from high bandwidth than they do tight timings unlike AMD which benefits more from tight timings.

Little update. I got it to 240Mhz with 3.2Vdimm but I feel thats a bit much for the RAM so Im gonna keep it at 235.

Back