what hose size?

mrjayviper

Weaksauce
Joined
Jul 17, 2012
Messages
91
I'm sorta getting confused with all the information so I'm hoping you can help out.

if I get this barb,

does this mean I need to get a hose with an inner diameter of 1/2in?

thanks a lot :)
 
yup. 1/2 ID hose.

Just know that hose size really does not matter when doing a build. so use what you think will work best for your needs.

Personally I think 1/2" is too thick and hard to work with so I use 3/8" but 1/2" is more popular. To each their own.
 
I've been using 7/16" ID, 5/8" OD Masterkleer on 1/2" fittings for many years, the benefit being a virtually leak proof connection if installed properly. I used to use a heat gun to soften the tips of the tubing which made it easier to place on barbs. Since then I've switched to compression fittings, but still using the same tubing.
 
yup. 1/2 ID hose.

Just know that hose size really does not matter when doing a build. so use what you think will work best for your needs.

Personally I think 1/2" is too thick and hard to work with so I use 3/8" but 1/2" is more popular. To each their own.

Correctomondo.
 
Just make sure to get the tubes with the thick walls (e.g. 3/8" ID 5/8" OD, or 1/2" ID 3/4" OD). The extra thickness will help it not kink when making curves.
 
Just make sure to get the tubes with the thick walls (e.g. 3/8" ID 5/8" OD, or 1/2" ID 3/4" OD). The extra thickness will help it not kink when making curves.

If using a tight space, stick with the 3/8 x 5/8.
 
Back
Top