• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

What headset

Sarge.

n00b
Joined
Apr 23, 2006
Messages
62
Can someone recommend a headset primarily for gaming. I was wondering whether getting wireless ones would be worth it as I figure I may find it useful to be a able to wonder around while wearing them (obviously for non gaming tasks) but I'm unsure how well this technology works in reality. Also is it worth getting a surround sound headset does it actually produce a decent surround sound effect over just using stereo headphones with a virtual surround sound effect like the x-fi can produce?
 
I too am looking for some good gaming cans.

I have actually been looking for a while and where the issues comes up is most of the audiophiles shun headsets. They all seem to suggest buying headphones and a clip on/desktop mic.

Me personally I don't want to do that, with the way gaming is becoming such a huge industry there must be quality gaming headsets.

Esentially the most important things for me are mic clarity, the cans actually cover the entire ear and of course sound quality (and clean bass as I do a little lightweight music production).

Pretty much is has come down to just a few with the SteelSeries SteelSound 5H looking like its the winner.

Here is the best price i found it for $49 + $1.29 shipping. Most other places are selling it for upwards of $70 so thats a pretty good deal imo.

http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product_Id=4050349&JRSource=googlebase.datafeed.SSS+5HUSBHEADSE#productTabDetails


I used to use the Altec Lansing AHS-502. I had 2 of them and they were good to me except they crapped out after about 2 years. I actually got a sweet deal on ebay where I got the AHS-502 & AHS-302 for less than the 502 alone but alas can't find it again.

Right now i'm using the 302 and they are behind the head style which I HATE. I think im gonna pull the trigger on the SteelSounds, the retractable mic is very cool and they seem to be very good cans.

you might wanna take a look at this thread too
http://www.thetechlounge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3060
 
Back
Top