• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

What headset to buy

Relentless3O

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 9, 2005
Messages
129
Ive read the whole thread (that rhymed :p) about how 5.1 headphones/headsets suck, and stereo (?) headsets/phones are much better. I have about 130 dollars to spend, and want to buy a quality headset, thats got great sound (to a person that has had a six year old 2.0 system), can tell me where people are in battlefield 2, will sound decent/good for music, and have a microphone attached (optional). If it would not be too much trouble, I would like the name and price of the product, and what stores-newegg or any other stores such as comp usa or something- where I could buy the product. This would be a huge help to me, and as I know the family here at [H]ardforums are very nice (most of you... :p ) and can help me out!

Thanks in advance for reading this,
Pete.
 
Ah yes the question of the forum... What to get.

Well it sounds like you are a gamer that just wants some quality music as well as good positional audio. Now don't make me out as the guy trying to steer you away from 5.1 headsets. The Medusa set is pretty good... However I think there are better options in standard 2 channel Headphones.

For my $130 bucks I would get:

Audio Technica ATH-500 headphones
www.audiocubes.com

And a Logitech USB Mic
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16836111602

Now most here like the mic on the headphones... I am contemplating modding my ATH-900 to add a mic to them, but losing the sound quality to have the mic is not something I am willing to do. I don't always use my mic, but I always use my headphones.
 
Those indeed look like they are worth the purchase. Well, my parents are going to make me give my sister my old rio karma, and they said I will get some financial gain from it. They will probably split the cost of my purchase? that means I still have 130 dollars, but they are giving me some. Should I still go with the same choice? Should I get new speakers? god, so many questions when your financial horizons broaden :D

EDIT: Should I get one of those creative value soundcards to improve sound? Im just throwing out options here, and need the best opinion! Thanks a bunch

Pete
 
Back
Top