What have I become?

Ron1jed

Supreme [H]ardness
Playing wow. what the hell happened. I swore I would never sign up for a Massive multiplayer game. God I wish they would made a UT TYPE of a massive multiplayer game. Like neocron....but good lmao.

I took a week off work and played from 8am to 12am everyday for 7 days. No life has set in me thinks...

:(

mmmm ya bro. stop. take a look in the mirror..... and say " i need help" lmao

Ron1jed said:
God I wish they would made a UT TYPE of a massive multiplayer game. Like neocron....but good lmao.

Ever look into Planetside?

Hey, I can admit this game is crack. I do however, still spend time with my GF and went to Vegas to spend time with my family. So I do sorta have a life still, albeit not much :p

And besides, I had 3 weeks vacation left at work so I got paid to play WoW. Eat it :D

I'm not going to lose my job, or my GF or my apt because I can't stop playing like those Evercrack losers. Now that's pathetic.

QHalo said:
And besides, I had 3 weeks vacation left at work so I got paid to play WoW. Eat it :D
You suck!

Not really because of anything you've done. Mostly because of my extreme jellousy. ;)

I don't have time to play WoW. :(

But I did damn near the same thing with CS back when I was in college. Except I played all day everyday for an entire semester. Beat that! :D

whats the diff if your siting in front of the couch watching tv or hanging out in a bar every night?????

Alright, I have been playing wow too, but noway in hell would I consider playing 12-14hrs in a day. The game is fun, but I mainly only play it at night. I guess if some people play over 12hrs/day since it came out, now I can see how some guy already reached the level cap. Actually feel sorry for the guy.

You know I never played a massive multiplayer game, but with all the good raves that WOW is getting, I might pick it up. The question is do I have the time, after hearing stories of people playing it non stop in forums and being addicted to it... I dont know if I can juggle school, work, and a massive multiplayer game... hehehe. As long as I don't turn into something like todays comic on www.pvponline.com I should be fine.

Filter said:
whats the diff if your siting in front of the couch watching tv or hanging out in a bar every night?????

You save 50 to a 100 bucks a night? ;)

all these online rpg games are addicting
they will seriously fuck your lives up
just gotta limit yourself, sorta like drugs.

Filter said:

at least when you are at the bar there are physical people to possibly interact with. you know you have a problem though if you start assigning the people in the bar to different classes and giving them certain levels of experience and then carry out a session of a WoW at the bar with the real people imagining you are actaully playing it at home.

Filter said:

No difference at all.. sadly most people do not see it this way.

Blauman said:
at least when you are at the bar there are physical people to possibly interact with. you know you have a problem though if you start assigning the people in the bar to different classes and giving them certain levels of experience and then carry out a session of a WoW at the bar with the real people imagining you are actaully playing it at home.
Sweet, I took a shot of Jagermeister, +4 to Make All Chicks hot. :D

QHalo said:
I took a week off work and played from 8am to 12am everyday for 7 days. No life has set in me thinks...

:(

I love wow and am addicted to it like the rest of you but to take a whole week off of work to play a game, is in my opinion pretty pathetic.. unless of course like you said, you had vacation days to use up, that's understandable but if someone is losing a weeks pay because of it...lol they need help.. :p

S1nF1xx said:
Sweet, I took a shot of Jagermeister, +4 to Make All Chicks hot. :D
I seriously lol'd at my desk here at work.

And yeah, I would never have taken a loss in pay to play a game or call in sick or whatever.

As for the bars, once you hit a certain age...the bars get boring. Sorry but it's the truth and I go to them just a regularly as anyone. Unless you're going with friends or on the splittail hunt, the bars are basically a meat market that I'm growing out of. Generally the only time I go is Sunday's to watch football and booze with the buds.

I just bask in the fact that I was getting paid to sit on my ass and play a game while others were slaving to the "grind'. Pun intended :p

The thing with Warcrack is you need to put limits on yourself.

I for one do not have time to play until around 4pm. I can usually play until around 10pm. That is 6 hours. But I do not play on weekends. :( (Got a Girlfriend that hates WoW)

I got the game the day it came out, and so far I am a level 25 Troll Hunter, with awesome gear for my level (blue items) and my leathworking is 163 and skinning is 225.

Using the /played command, It says my total play time is 3 days, 6 hours, 22 mins. That really isn't that much play time.

AS to going out to a bar or staying inside and playing WoW? When you go out to a bar, all you do is empty your wallet. Damn, most mixed drinks are like $8. Beer isn't that cheap either, costing around $4 each after you tip. Get 4 beers and your not even buzzed yet, and you have surpassed WoW's monthly fee in one nite.

Filter said:

ohhhh I got this one ... Infront of the TV is cheeper :)

right ..... right .... im right .... right

Yeah I find it hard to understand when people criticise me for playing WoW as much as I do. When I ask what else should I be doing ... it is always ... stuff .. or going out to the bar. Well I do like to occasionally head to the bar, but hoesntly if I drank as much as I play WoW I would have no liver left.

I dont seem to find the enjoyment in sitting on my ass in an uncomfortable seat drinking my wits away until I act like an ass. But hey .. different strokes for different folks.

fromage said:
I go to bars, pick up a chick, get laid. Rinse. Repeat.

And then you go home and stare at the moniter, wondering why you don't have anyone to love? o_O

WoW is not too bad guys. The grind is relatively short and most power gamers will bedone and through with this game within 1 month. I would prepare for a mass exodus of players within 6 to 9 months of this game.

QHalo said:
Hey, I can admit this game is crack. I do however, still spend time with my GF and went to Vegas to spend time with my family. So I do sorta have a life still, albeit not much :p

I'm not going to lose my job, or my GF or my apt because I can't stop playing like those Evercrack losers. Now that's pathetic.

You took a week off work and played a video game for 20 hours each day.... and you say you have a life at all? You say you have a gf?

I'll bet.

You better hold on tight.... not many girlfriends stay long when a guy takes a week off work to play video games for 20 hrs a day.

The truth does hurt.

Adam.

No offense, but this thread makes me glad I haven't bought WOW. It looks great, but I don't want to have to go to Warcraft Anonymous.

"I don't have a problem, I can stop anytime I want!" :)

adam7488 said:
You took a week off work and played a video game for 20 hours each day.... and you say you have a life at all? You say you have a gf?

I'll bet.

You better hold on tight.... not many girlfriends stay long when a guy takes a week off work to play video games for 20 hrs a day.

The truth does hurt.

Adam.

thats why you get your Girl to play. if you cant find a GF that has the same interests as you. well time to find a new GF. my last one left me cause i played to much. well thats the best thing thats happened to me. Cause my new Gf kicks ass. plus i think shes a keeper.

adam7488 said:

I'll bet.

The truth does hurt.

Adam.
Whatever makes you sleep at night bub.

kpedge said:
No offense, but this thread makes me glad I haven't bought WOW. It looks great, but I don't want to have to go to Warcraft Anonymous.

"I don't have a problem, I can stop anytime I want!" :)
What's so funny?

I can stop anytime I want..

...really, I mean it.

Filter said:
thats why you get your Girl to play. if you cant find a GF that has the same interests as you. well time to find a new GF. my last one left me cause i played to much. well thats the best thing thats happened to me. Cause my new Gf kicks ass. plus i think shes a keeper.
The words of wisdom.

Bane said:
What's so funny?

I can stop anytime I want..

...really, I mean it.

Stop? Why? Warcrack is great, I need it. I got to have it. Can't live with out it.

/runs off to play Warcrack.

Filter said:

What your talking about isn't a common interest or even a common obesession. It's a common lifestyle, a common religion. To play WOW for 20 hrs a day on your week off work is frieking crazy. I've had times where I've played a game for 10 hrs out of a day. That would finish me off for awhile. The "Girl" would have to be of near or equal "religion" to be considered a common interest. Typical WOW users have an interest; you have a something far beyond an obsession.

Adam.

I never got into WoW because of that. Back when I played FFXI (a time hungry game), I played 3 or 4 hours a day, one day someone said I was addicted to it. Never played it again. Strangest thing, I lost all desire to play.

obyj34 said:
I never got into WoW because of that. Back when I played FFXI (a time hungry game), I played 3 or 4 hours a day, one day someone said I was addicted to it. Never played it again. Strangest thing, I lost all desire to play.
Thats nothing, when I was in Middle School I would spent the entire summer break playing Legend of Zelda (SNES) all night (8-10 hours +) every night.

I still have to get WoW though.... if I can find it around town that is.

Filter said:
Do I really have to explain? People, girls, friends, direct human interaction...does this mean anything to anyone?

Back