• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

What hardware to buy? for server

arachn1d

Gawd
Joined
Jan 7, 2005
Messages
836
Hey guys,

I havn't used gentoo(linux) for a while but I am going to soon. The company I work for wants me to set it up.

Now they want to buy a server from dell, which one would be best suited for a typical web design company that hosts some of their clients?

The company doesn't want to spend more than 800ish really, soo please any advice is appreciated.

For personal sakes, are dell servers any good?


Thanks,
Arachn1d
 
ok, more info would be nice.
Dells, from what I gather, are ok.
how many clients? how much thruput per website, how much space does each site take?
what size is the pipe?
For discounts and special deals from Dell go look @ places such as
http://www.gotapex.com/
couponmountain.com
 
Back
Top