what hardware is required to split internet?

illli

[H]ard|Gawd
here is the setup:

internet comes via wireless mifi device. computer has wi-fi and is connected to the mifi.
also have some secondary hardware that is non-upgradable, but has an ethernet port.

device is a cc terminal, so needs to send data out occasionally.

I've never had to split or divide an internet connection like this before, and since the secondary hardware isnt upgradable, options seem limited.

simple router in WIRELESS client bridge mode (ddwrt works well) 10 bucks at your local goodwill

interesting. So I guess using this client bridge mode, the mifi device would wirelessly connect to the router and then the router would split it between the devices via ethernet?

connectify works with ethernet? i've heard of it before, but just thought it was wireless

Have used a Linksys WRT54G/GS (v4 or lower for G and v3 or lower for GS) which you can probably find for about $10-15 on Craigslist/Ebay running OpenWRT Backfire 10.03.1 as wireless client connected to MIFI or phone hotspot to service wired devices. Since you're dealing with cc terminal you probably want to brush up on PCI DSS requirements:

https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/documents/PCI_DSS_v3.pdf

Back