What happens when a DVD Burner Malfunctions? (Pics)

rusek

Limp Gawd
This is what happened when my BenQ DVD Burner decided to go crazy and start destroying CD's for no reason.

I had to reinstall Battlefield 2, so what appears to have happened is it destroyed the inner part of the CDs after I had used the data to install off of them, so I jsut kept putting all the rest of the CD's in to install and only noticed they didnt work after trying to start the game using CD #1.

So now I'm down 3 Battlefield 2 CD's and 2 Battlefield 2: Special Forces CD's

364002.JPG

364003.JPG

364004.JPG

Sounds like you need to go the Pioneer route..

And sorry for the issues there..That really sucks..

TekSomniaK said:
If my NEC ever does that I will set that bitch aflame

Take some pics! :D

But uh..... That's one spastic DVD burner....

But this is one of those times where some certain websites come in handy for their actual legal purposes.....

My LG has seen what happens to hardware that terribly misbehaves...it gets to meet a sledge. Thus far it's been the best burner that I've ever had :p

TekSomniaK said:
If my NEC ever does that I will set that bitch aflame

That made my day.

Sorry to hear about the casualties, BF2s a good game, tough to lose CDs in action.

Definitely sux to lose game CDs this way. Scary ...

So, has anyone diagnosed the prob? Is it faulty drive Bios?
#1 (2005) : Athlon64 3000+ (Venice) : ABIT AN8 Ultra (BIOS #18, nForce v6.70) : 1GB Mushkin : Galaxy GeForce 6600GT : SoundBlaster X-Fi Extreme : Sony DRU-800A : WD 200GB SATA2 : Thermaltake Shark : Thermaltake TWV 430W : Dell 2005FPW : So far, so good ...
#2 (2003) : P4 2.4B (Northwood) : ABIT BH7 (i845PE) : 1GB Mushkin : MSI GeForce4 Ti 4200 : Imation 16x DVDR DL : WD 80GB SATA : Thermaltake 420W : Dell 1704FPT

laksamana said:
Definitely sux to lose game CDs this way. Scary ...

Nope.. faulty drive mechanics. Weird!

laksamana said:
Looks like his burner has been hanging out with a Xbox360 and picked up some bad habits ;).

devman said:
That made my day.

Sorry to hear about the casualties, BF2s a good game, tough to lose CDs in action.

**MEDIC!!!***

**Need Repairs here!!**

<damn, sorry I couldnt resist> :p

However, that is "teh suck" and a good reason why backups should be allowed. I'd be a little irritated if $80 (retail) software were just rendered unusable.

Back