What happened to my speakers?

DRJ1014

Supreme [H]ardness
Today i was listening to music and it was playing great. yesterday i installed some drivers but for got to restart my comp. (comp on 24/7) they where sound driver updates. i am running audigy gamer 6.1 with 5.1 speakers. when i play music now its faded and scratchy. i have to turn the volume all the way up inorder to hear what they are saying. what can i do to get this to go away? the drivers i installed where the update.

the volume is turned all the way up on volume control and on my external control. its scratchy like a radio getting bad reseption and its soft. theres few noise coming out of it except static from me turning it up so high. i tink im going to reset the fields and see if that does it

i did that and it still does it. im not sure what to do. i will probaly reset the feidls again and see what it does.

Are any of the EAX environments or anything like that turned on? Is the sound card set up to output 5.1 audio? ...basically recheck every option in the AudioHQ thingy...in my expereince driver updates are notorious for undoing custom settings.

got it. i just reinstalled the basic and then reset the feilds

I was gonna suggest maybe you have Digital Output Only unchecked in the sound preferences. It took me 1 week to figure out that when I had a problem similar to yours :rolleyes:

For me, speakers would be uber-soft unless Digital Output Only was checked. :confused:

Back