What happened to fullscreen contact photos when getting a call?

shurcooL

[H]ard|Gawd
I used to get fullscreen contact photos when getting a call from people on my iPhone 3GS, like this:

imagecw.jpg

However, ever since iOS 4.0 seemingly, they always appear as a thumbnail in the top right corner instead.

How come? Is it it a limitation of iOS 4.0+? Is there any way to get it back?

I'm using Google Sync to sync my contacts, if it makes a difference. Perhaps it's something _they_ have changed rather than the iOS 4.0 update, I can't be sure. But it certainly used to work a few months ago.

It's because you're using Google. When you sync contacts from some apps it only syncs a thumbnail, not a full pic. Snap a pic on the phone and assign it to a contact on the phone. Bet you get the full screen picture. This isn't a new thing. Been like that for a while.

It's because you're using Google. When you sync contacts from some apps it only syncs a thumbnail, not a full pic. Snap a pic on the phone and assign it to a contact on the phone. Bet you get the full screen picture. This isn't a new thing. Been like that for a while.

Either this, or you have your Facebook app configured to sync your contacts' Facebook info.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

I've had my iPhone sync with Google Sync since day one, and the contacts whose photos I've taken and assigned on the iPhone itself have always been fullscreen (up until a few months ago or so).

No, my Fb app is not set to sync anything.

But now, even if I take a photo of a person on the iPhone and assign it to a contact, it immediately turns into a thumbnail when that person calls.

It sounds to me that it has to do with something on the Google Sync end, they must've changed something. :( A shame.

Back