What Happened to Final Fantasy III (Japanese Numbering)

Craftish

Gawd
I have, for my Playstation, Final Fantasy Numbers 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7-X-2, and I was just wondering what number 3 was? Was it never released in North America originally? I know the Japanese 2 and 5 never were originally, but now are available on the Playstation remakes. Number 3, however, seems to be missing from this series. What was it?

Craftish said:
I have, for my Playstation, Final Fantasy Numbers 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7-X-2, and I was just wondering what number 3 was? Was it never released in North America originally? I know the Japanese 2 and 5 never were originally, but now are available on the Playstation remakes. Number 3, however, seems to be missing from this series. What was it?

Hmmm, not sure about Jap. numbering but I know FF 3 for the Super Nintendo may be my all time favorite game.

Craftish said:

FF3 was for Nintendo and never released in NA. Id put it in the Top 3 out of all the FF games. If you're eager to try it, you can try it through an emulator. There are full translation patches for it too.

WookieRookie said:
FF3 was for Nintendo and never released in NA. Id put it in the Top 3 out of all the FF games. If you're eager to try it, you can try it through an emulator. There are full translation patches for it too.

What was the japanese number of the FF3 for the NA Super Nintendo? Just curious...

I'm also in the same situation as you - I have Final Fantasy 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, X and X-2 for the PlayStation/PS2...but no number 3! Or XI, but that's a slightly different story...

FF 3j should be on the DS I think.

I just wish they'd redo 6...

Anyone remember the 3d renders of a "final fantasy" game back when Project Reality was announced?

Watching Shadow kick ass in 3d... *drool*

Back