what happened to all the Nvidia manufacturer's?

polonyc2

Fully [H]
with BFG gone and XFX no longer selling Nvidia cards is the only real choice EVGA?...I see brands like PNY, Sparkle and Zotac but I'm not sure if they are as good as BFG etc were

Last edited:
They are all reference cards, so it's really down to after-sales support/warranty anyway.

ASUS is an excellent Nvidia partner and so is Gigabyte and MSI. Still losts of good NV partners to buy from.

Actually Galaxy designs and builds our own cards (and coolers). Where it makes sense, we may use a reference design or cooler but we pride ourselves on trying to make the best card we can for the money. Improved power phase, better parts, shorter boards, improved fans etc.

Galaxy started designing and building "Green" cards way back in 1994. We've been at it now for 15+ years. We've sold products under our own brand outside the US for a while but in the last 2 years started selling in North America. Tiger, Newegg, Amazon, Best Buy, Microcenter, you can find us just about anywhere.

Take a look at the GTX 470 GC in SLI review that Hard did.. Quieter and Cooler than pretty much any other 470 out there.
http://hardocp.com/article/2010/05/10/galaxy_geforce_gtx_470_gc_sli_review/

Also, don't forget to enter to win the 8 weeks of Galaxy contest in the HOT Deals area. 8 weeks, 8 cards. One down, 7 to go...
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1559893

We'll also be doing a Twitter contest in the next 30 days. And I'm heading over the IU (Lan Wars - IUGaming.com) for a LAN Event this weekend. Should be a blast...

i have been impressed with the new companies pushing more in the 3D market. gigabyte and MSI have really stepped up and produced better products then BFG or XFX did. i have a galaxy gtx460 atm with no issues and what other company has an active rep on the boards. at least i know if i have any issues galaxy guy is a PM away.

Actually Galaxy designs and builds our own cards (and coolers). Where it makes sense, we may use a reference design or cooler but we pride ourselves on trying to make the best card we can for the money. Improved power phase, better parts, shorter boards, improved fans etc.

Galaxy started designing and building "Green" cards way back in 1994. We've been at it now for 15+ years. We've sold products under our own brand outside the US for a while but in the last 2 years started selling in North America. Tiger, Newegg, Amazon, Best Buy, Microcenter, you can find us just about anywhere.

Galaxy sounds good...the fact that you guys are one of the few Nvidia manufacturers who actually designs your own cards makes it even better...I'll definitely keep an eye out for your GTX 580 cards

Galaxy is quickly coming into that top-tier standing. I'll definitely be considering them for my next Nvidia card.

You're right. EVGA is the only choice. Unless you dislike lifetime warranties, awesome service, etc.

...and I don't care if you always upgrade every year or whatever, that's not the point.

But I'm sure ASUS, Galaxy, offer decent/good service, but its non-existent in 2 or more years (depending which retailer you buy from)

I've always had terrible luck with PNY cards. Everyone of them I've ever had died on me. I saw 60 of them die at a former job of mine. I know they are reference cards, but for some reason, they are just unlucky for me.

Otherwise they are all basically the same.

I've always had terrible luck with PNY cards. Everyone of them I've ever had died on me. I saw 60 of them die at a former job of mine. I know they are reference cards, but for some reason, they are just unlucky for me.

I've had a PNY GTX 280 since its launch and it's still working just fine. I'm hoping it will still that way for another year at least until I can afford to upgrade :(

Although the 7900 series was probs across all the manu's, that was the time I tried PNY due to a lack of choice in Canada. I had Leadtek SLI (7800 GTX) but had just bought a 3007 Dell. Well 2 cards failed 1 while benching FEAR, 1 on the windows screen saver, the first replacement died with the Windows screen saver, the next 2 replacements were sold unopened.....

i have had BFG cards since the 6800GT will see how this EVGA 580 goes

Although the 7900 series was probs across all the manu's, that was the time I tried PNY due to a lack of choice in Canada. I had Leadtek SLI (7800 GTX) but had just bought a 3007 Dell. Well 2 cards failed 1 while benching FEAR, 1 on the windows screen saver, the first replacement died with the Windows screen saver, the next 2 replacements were sold unopened.....

Most of my issues were during the GeForce Ti 4600 days. I lost two of their cards. I also had a couple Ti 4200's die on me.

Nice ad in the middle of this thread.. pretty common knowledge that EVGA is your best bet for nvidia cards.. just like XFX is for ATI now.

Take a look at the GTX 470 GC in SLI review that Hard did.. Quieter and Cooler than pretty much any other 470 out there.

Also, don't forget to enter to win the 8 weeks of Galaxy contest in the HOT Deals area. 8 weeks, 8 cards. One down, 7 to go...

We'll also be doing a Twitter contest in the next 30 days. And I'm heading over the IU (Lan Wars - IUGaming.com) for a LAN Event this weekend. Should be a blast...

Are you guys ever gonna offer lifetime warranties?

Fairly sure Asus and Gigabyte both have 3 year warranties, no questions asked.

Fairly sure Asus and Gigabyte both have 3 year warranties, no questions asked.

Yeah, I always look for these types of companies first. Of course, these two already have great reputations and are themselves very large. I would much prefer to simply buy a card and know that I have a specific warranty; than to have to register, give all my personal info, subscribe to their mailing list, scan my receipt and upload it, do this, do that, etc.

XFX customer service is far superior to Sapphires.

but as far as the card design I think Sapphire does a better job with their custom cooling and overall design over XFX...build quality is more important then customer service as that only matters if you need to RMA etc which most people never need to do

but as far as the card design I think Sapphire does a better job with their custom cooling and overall design over XFX...build quality is more important then customer service as that only matters if you need to RMA etc which most people never need to do

I think it depends , sometimes XFX has the leg up in this department. But not having excellent RMA support regardless if its a stock cooler or not is a huge downside.

Nothing like dumping 500 dollars into a new GPU , having it fail and dealing with weeks and if you're really unlucky months of exchanges.

I always bought ASUS because they built their own cards. I'll probably give Galaxy a try when the GTX 570s are released, wasn't aware Galaxy built their own cards too.
I would like better warranty terms from Galaxy like ASUS, Gigabyte and MSI 3 year warranty from date of manufacture using the S/N. I'm sure Galaxy has more confidence in their products than 2 years right?

I'm using the Zotac GTX 480 with the awesome huge two fan heatsink. I'm always confused when people say the GTX 480 is loud and hot, then I remember I have Zotac's heatsink which is damn quiet and cool.

I would love to enter your give away but I don't have 50 posts yet,I wonder how many other long time [H] readers who do not spam a bunch of crap lol type posts would like to enter/be made more aware of Galaxy's products

I would love to enter your give away but I don't have 50 posts yet,I wonder how many other long time [H] readers who do not spam a bunch of crap lol type posts would like to enter/be made more aware of Galaxy's products

send a mod a pm, theyll give you access without you having to spam to 50 lol, youve been here long enough i would say.

That said, if i ever go back to green I would choose galaxy, i love their custom coolers.

Back