What happed to The Screen Savers?

AlexStenka

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok can some one please tell me what hepped to the new co-host Alex and Dan and Joshy
I did not watch the show for about 3 weeks now thats why i don't know what has happen?
And why is not the old Kevin hosting? WTF

(they just keep making the show more and more trashy first I loved it now I hate it)

amen brother they freaking trashed it drove it into the ground because of g4 joined forces with them.

...Yea... I agree it just plain sucks. I had just begun to become an Alex fan. At first, I felt he was a little over the top, but then he and Kevin started to click and the show got fun again.... you never knew how far they were going to push the bar of censorship at times. He reminded me a lot of Leo who was the King of TSS ... the show hasn't ever been the same without him.

Anyway... Read up the archives for the blogs of Alex, Kevin, and most verbal of them all Joey the Intern. They had a lot of discussion of it as well on the POS forums of G4/techtv... free of moderation until recently.
Here are the links to the moblogs for Alex, Kevin, and Joey The Intern

...opps for got about our little buddy Foo Foo

p.s. ... This isn't the right area to post this thread. General perhaps.

The Screensavers was only good with Kate and Leo. It was marginally ok with Patrick and Leo, but it started going down hill from there.

I like TSS when they were just TechTv, and TechTv was alot better with Call for help also.

and another thing, all the women on tech Tv now have more cleavage and skankeir clothing. im all for that but not at the expense of quality. that show filter sucks, along with judgement day. i barely watch TSS, hoping akex would at least come back.

eugh

hey yoshi was good too. :D we hate you G4 you made us stop watching T.V.!!!! :mad:

I was watching the show today, and Kevin Rose was answering an email asking about a medium range graphics card for a system thats a few years old for his daughter/son. So he thinks out loud, "Well its a few years old, so it should still have APG, I'd say go with the 6200." Even though the 6200 is PCI-E only.

Thats what I thought too, but he actually went on to explain how the 6200 is a dumbed down 6600/6800 :p

im starting to like em... looking back i realized how much i hated patrick and leo...so give it time i guess ...and that chineese chic is hot ...nudes ...only a matter of time :eek:

comcast bought them out and ruined the show so it would be more appealing to younger audiences....all the G4 shows suck nut come on with those gay effects in portal and judgement day wtf is that they completly ruinedd TSS with those shit heads. could any1 remind is there any good G4 show?

I'd have loved to have been in a TSS creampie circle when Kate, Megan and Morgan(when she had the short white hair) were all on that show.

I miss my old techtv...i lost it 4 or 5 years ago to the YES(yankess) network but now its back and its crap on G4.

I miss the old TechTV so much.

but i'd still love to marry Morgan!

I here you guys I miss Leo and Pat the most and what happen to Yoshy the mad modder.

I remember when Leo and Pat use to host the show and when Kevin was the good old Dark Tiper and foo foo was like he always was same goes to Miss. Lane.

I hate G4 and all the shows that are on it now, I kind of liked Alex he was an OK dude but the new Kevin teamed up with that Chineese lady is just horrible :p

who watched g4 enough that they became more powerful then tech tv you should all be ashamed!!!

Agreed. I have TIVOd every show since the new hosts took over butI think Im gonna stop watching it. plz tell me how 2 of the hosts of the show know very little about technology. They look like they would be good field reporters for a news station. But watching them fumble over the telepromter every night is sad. At least Kevin and Alex went off on fun tangents. These new guys are boring while lacking the tech savy needed to host that show. I love how everytime there is a small semblance of a tech question they both look over to Kevin. Pat and Leo rarely needed help on anything. I would hate to see chilan or kevin p. take any question about linux. Im embarrassed for them just thinking about it.

You mean that show is still on? I would have thought it would have been gonged by now.

Hot damn! Leo LaPorte WHERE ARE YOU??? You were the King. I watched your show during my lunch-break. Nothing made this computer geek happier from the outside world. And since G4 invaded and occupied that set which once was hallowed ground, my television has started to doubt whether i still like its presence.

...sorry i've been up a long time. anyways, does anyone know what Leo is up to (in terms of plans whether he's going to be in the public spotlight again or what)? I would seriously love having a good tech show to watch again. That G4 stuff is piss. (sorry for those who like it). When people in the future decide to go back in time, i hope they stop G4 from Invading TechTV goodness.

I think Leo is doing call for help, he's in Toronto now so I'm not sure if it's only for Canadian TechTV or what.

For any Leo updates, visit his website at Leoville. I enjoy his radio show the few times I have been able to hear it. ... and he does host "Call For Help" via Canada's TechTV (a nonassociated, seperate deal from the TechTV we knew... but just as good if not better from what I've heard/read)

I have not watched it in a couple weeks either and I do agree The Screen Savers is going downhill. IT useds to be pretty interesting but now its all stupid tech stuff.

Battlebots - sucks
TSS - now sucks
Anime = gayest thing ever created and playing it for 6 hours straight at night doesnt help anyones cause
Arena - 10 person circle jerk with 4 random games, does not show any kind of skill
Icons - fun to watch

and theres another weird show which is kinda like a VH1 show, where they preview products and have odd people comment on them

The only show that seemed to move over and still stay decent was X-Play. TSS now completely sucks. Kevin and Alex were starting to click and the audience participation was fun. Now, forget it. The only other show I like is Icons. Thanks for the info on Leo, I'll give a listen.

jeebus said:
and another thing, all the women on tech Tv now have more cleavage and skankeir clothing. im all for that but not at the expense of quality. that show filter sucks, along with judgement day. i barely watch TSS, hoping akex would at least come back.

eugh
Filter sucks, but the host is hot. Yeah, the quality of the show sucks, but she's nice to look at.

... I try to avoid G4 at all cost ... but lately, I find myself stopping during my channel surfing for one show by the name of G4TV.COM ... all because of this little hottie, Tina "gives me" Wood.
25.gif

I guess Ms. Sarah Lane has some competition.

Its been about 2 years sinse I watched ZDTv / TechTv, I moved and my now cable comany does not carry it at all. I going to get satellite and was looking foward to watching it again, then I noticed the BIG change the web site went G4. UGH what happened, my wittle brain thought, and not I know thanks for heads up.

I to agree Leo Rules, and really miss watching the shows he hosted, then I read here in one post, they made changes to pull in the youger crowd, me wonders? Younger as in under the age of 18? but they still put the hot sexy scantily dressed babes on the shows?

Oh yes this really sends out a great message to the YOUNGER crowd, what next? these hot sexy scantily dressed babes will be doing SEX Ed and bending over to barely show their hoochy? Yuppers that is what we want the Younger Crowd Looking at more and more cleavage.

Im now glad I don't have it and will not be looking for it

Dre

Pringals said:
... I try to avoid G4 at all cost ... but lately, I find myself stopping during my channel surfing for one show by the name of G4TV.COM ... all because of this little hottie, Tina "gives me" Wood.
25.gif

Sarah is the one that dated Kevin right? shes too short and stubby for me, i donno. I really like Tina and Laura Foy. Ide take Laura over Tina though, she looks more my type, kinda outgoing, even though i have no chance and am 3,000 miles away :D

you can thank COMCRAP for this one as with all the TechTV shows
what happed was Comcasts G4 bought TechTV for the better distribution channels G4 was only on Comcast were TechTV was on just about every cable and satilite network
soo now comcast is gutting TechTV and in favor of G4 shows as of the frist of this coming year the network will nolonger be G4TechTV but back to just G4 WITH NO SHOWS other then MAY BE x-play from TechTV >.< imo G4 is CRAP but yea TechTV will be no more buy next month

Well theres obviously an audience for a tech channel. I think there will be a replacement for techtv soon enough. At least im hoping there is.

dose anyone remember megan? she was awesome! www.jumpingmonkeys.com is her site. Leo was like my idol back in teh day.. i'd always come home from school and plop down and watch some Good old TSS!!! i could smell the end as soon as martin left though.. w00t for Megan!

X-play is the only show I watch on G4.. well tina is a hottie too.. but meh..

Pringals said:
25.gif

Dude you need a fucking life get a girl friend damn all they are is just host
;)

Jesica left too remember her guys? I like her she was a good person for techtv she was hip and cool and no I dont think that she that hot that I wane F***K her!

Back