what games use a 512mb buffer

I think 512mb cards are only benefit games that you can turn up the AA and AF right now. Probably not a big difference in between the two other than turning up quality.

xFuryofFivex said:
Just wanna know if a GTX would benefit me over a GT job

Oh Yea dude.. Without a doubt. 1st off look @ the pixelpipelines 10 out of 10 on the 7800 series the Pipelines on the GT's were 20 and the GTX's were 24.. Now on the new 7900 series they both come with 24 those 4 pipelines do make a difference.. and If someone says no they test em side by side you see how different it looks...You might get the same frames but the picture and the texture alone is better.. So to Answer your Question Yes.. and thats in both series 7800 and the 7900 go with the 79 series there Kick @ss :p

thank you, time to switch my step up again...gonna get the slower GTX... the superclocked is out of pricerange heh

is the superclocked worth the extra 80$...

for the extra 160on memory and 40 on Core

xFuryofFivex said:
thank you, time to switch my step up again...gonna get the slower GTX... the superclocked is out of pricerange heh

is the superclocked worth the extra 80$...

for the extra 160on memory and 40 on Core

I think you should be able to get those speeds with a different cooler on the regular GTX if needed.

50Stang said:
I think you should be able to get those speeds with a different cooler on the regular GTX if needed.

Agreed.. and It all comes down to $$$$ if you wanna spend it go for it...

GaMbiNo said:
Oh Yea dude.. Without a doubt. 1st off look @ the pixelpipelines 10 out of 10 on the 7800 series the Pipelines on the GT's were 20 and the GTX's were 24.. Now on the new 7900 series they both come with 24 those 4 pipelines do make a difference.. and If someone says no they test em side by side you see how different it looks...You might get the same frames but the picture and the texture alone is better.. So to Answer your Question Yes.. and thats in both series 7800 and the 7900 go with the 79 series there Kick @ss :p

Not being funny but your talking utter shite. Having more pipes doesn't make for better IQ.....

Oh and a 7800gt and a 7800gtx will never have the same framerate when both at stock level....but they will look identical.

Tigerblade said:
Not being funny but your talking utter shite. Having more pipes doesn't make for better IQ.....

Then we have the same frame rates of a 20 pipe compared to a 24pipe....

Where did you get this shit from?

You must not do research on the cards then! sorry to say but your wrong check out Toms Hardware and look and read about the Pipelines then respond back with the info.. No arguement but just look more into in.. Don't be fooled with the core and clock speeds on a card.. Read about the pipelines

So your telling me that a stock 7800GT will have the same framerates as a stock 7800gtx?

:rolleyes:

You need help man.

xFuryofFivex said:
for the extra money.. i could just get the Super...

can someone link me to some coolers...ill look at it

will this fit on a GTX
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835186133

will the size with a diff. cooler make SLI non-workable

Check out this one VGA Cooler

and to see if it works on your card check out here.. Cards that work...

Just showing some good ones that will work and if you like em check em out cause I was looking into that for a 7900...

Tigerblade said:
So your telling me that a stock 7800GT will have the same framerates as a stock 7800gtx?

:rolleyes:

You need help man.

:D wow.. Read like I said...frame rates can be the same but the picture will look different..
Once again another that thinks they know everything and gonna have an arguement over something :D

xFuryofFivex said:
guys...cmon now...pipes do factor... but look at the new ati cards with only 16pipes...

Yea but remember they come with (48 pixel shader processors)! but at least someone understands..

Let me get this straight...

You beleive that having more pipes equals superior IQ? You will find that alot of ppl think that ATi's cards have superior IQ so where does that leave your conclusion?

Pipes do matter, of course they do, you oc a 7800GT enough and it will equal and better a stock 7800GTX, that's obvious, but at stock the 7800GT won't touch the 7800GTX otherwise what the hell is the point in releasing 2 cards?

I think you need to read about all the shit again bud, you seem confused.

GaMbiNo said:
Yea but remember they come with (48 pixel shader processors)! but at least someone understands..

That sentance proves you are confused. The x1900xt has 16 of the pipes you are talking about.....

Exactly, you can't afford the best, you don't get the best. Don't you think there is a price difference for a reason?

And Gambino, I ain't arguing, I'm telling. Pisses me off when ppl come out with 'facts' that are total BS.

I know far from it all, but I do know your wrong.

IIRC, GT chips are GTX chips that failed QC on some of their pipes, so they just close 'em off and call it a GT. Saves nvidia some money in the long run, and they have a product for another market segment.

As for the Superclocked cards...the extra money gets you an OCed card that is also under a lifetime warranty, correct? I heard eVGA (or was it BFG/XFX) allows you to keep the warranty even if you add an aftermarket cooler as well?

back to the topic on hand....
so 512mb is the better buy... even with the consideration of price...

And Gambino, I ain't arguing, I'm telling. Pisses me off when ppl come out with 'facts' that are total BS.

More pipes does not mean better IQ, im not arguing with you either gambino, like Tigerblade, im TELLING you. If you really believe you get better looking textures from having more pipes, then please pass me something of what your smoking.

movax said:
IIRC, GT chips are GTX chips that failed QC on some of their pipes, so they just close 'em off and call it a GT.

If that is indeed the case then this supposed IQ difference Gambino can see is rather strange....

IQ differences on the same cards? Strange un that.....

I'm leaving this now as it's going nowhere. I suggest you stop smoking that shit Gambino ;)

It should be common sense...if you have water flowing through 10 pipes as opposed to 16 pipes...you get the same water at end, it just flows faster through the larger amounts of pipes.

I think Quake 4 takes advantage of 512MB cards.

I'd have to guess that UT 2007 and all games based on its engine will have provisions for that amount of RAM. Not sure about current gen game engines though.

im really torn between all the reviews i read.. that say that 512mb doesnt really give a significant improvement...other than that when more than enough texture gets loaded into Vram it needs to go into the system memory...(thus texture caching...at least thats what i read)

is 512mb ready games coming to the forefront... or is 256mb still a ongoing thing...

Toytown said:
More pipes does not mean better IQ, im not arguing with you either gambino, like Tigerblade, im TELLING you. If you really believe you get better looking textures from having more pipes, then please pass me something of what your smoking.

Please Read this article READ

im just gonna stick with the 79GT...and ill go SLI eventually...i was reading... this is a lovely thread at the evga forum talking about 512mb cards

http://www.evga.com/Community/messageboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8148&#54711

plus right now... i read right now that the 512mb isnt fully utilized.. plus with SLI the 2 cards will balance the load...(i know it isnt 512mb, but 2 cards balancing a 512mb load will essentially do the same....

Gambino, that is great and all but that only helps show that MORE pipelines will RENDER the same scene/game at a faster rate than a neutered, fewer-pipeline version of the same card. That is all there is to it.

Gambino, you failed to be convinced by my analogy. Say we have a large pipe full of flowing water. It branches off to two different "groups": a 10-pipe group, and a 16-pipe group. All pipes are identical. The 16 pipes will allow the water to flow through faster than the 10 pipes. At the end, we end up with the same water. The only difference is that the 16-pipe group moved the water faster.

If that isn't clear enough, you are hopeless.

movax said:
Gambino, you failed to be convinced by my analogy. Say we have a large pipe full of flowing water. It branches off to two different "groups": a 10-pipe group, and a 16-pipe group. All pipes are identical. The 16 pipes will allow the water to flow through faster than the 10 pipes. At the end, we end up with the same water. The only difference is that the 16-pipe group moved the water faster.

If that isn't clear enough, you are hopeless.

OMG Thanks I never knew STFU.. Fag

More pipes means it renders the scene faster (assume same clock speed etc) It does NOT make the scene look better unless you actually change the settings of the game.

You'd think the troll would give up and die by this point...

xFuryofFivex, good choice nonetheless, OC that card a bit, and I'm sure you'll enjoy your graphics pwnage even more :D

xFuryofFivex said:
Just wanna know if a GTX would benefit me over a GT job

A better question would be which games at which settings. Only a handful of games at the Ultra detail level actually can use the 512MB. And often even the highend cards with 512Mb start to struggle to deliver playable FPS at those settings.

Quake4/Doom3 at the Ultra level uncompressed textures I believe needs 512Mb to be smooth.

With the 7900 there's not a big difference in the GTX & GT.
The 7900GT is basically a 7800GTX with a faster/more overclockable core.

At $300, it rocks. I'm still kinda wondering why I splurged & got the 7900GTX. I think b/c my tax refund was burning a whole in my pocket.

thnx but right now...i just found out my car needs repairs... and some money has to be used for that... so ill settle for a GT... thats still sufficient...

xFuryofFivex said:
thnx but right now...i just found out my car needs repairs... and some money has to be used for that... so ill settle for a GT... thats still sufficient...
Psssh, sufficient. It'll pwn everything out there as long as you don't have it at 1600x1200 with max AA and AF. :D

Back