What games is everyone playing now?

I've been playing LOTRO for a solid few months. Can't get enough of it. They opened a new region about a month ago and they have regular content updates.

Lately I've been running around as a Warg-Stalker in Monster Play and eating silly hobbit players.

I think they're still giving out buddy keys on the forums:
forums.lotro.com

pretty much dod:s until ETQW comes out. I am in the beta but I am sick of the sewer map and other crap. also stalker, oblivion and a little alpha prime thrown in.

WC3 FT ,SC & Quakewars. Team based FPS games have seriously hindred my DM skills.

Dirt
CoJ
Oblivion and expansions
C&C3
Driver -annoyingly cant seem to have joystick and keyboard controls at the same time.

Insurgency, CS:S, BF2142, Quake 4 [just got it last night for 20 bucks, probably won't play it much]. I'm looking forward to QWs and Crysis, in the short term.

I would recommend you at least give it a reasonable tryout. I actually liked the game. :)

I finally gave up and started playing world of warcraft due to the ongoing (and seemingly never ending) lack of good PC games recently.

There's loads to look forward too, some excelent sequels being made and some cool new franchises popping up but it's all taking far too long, if someone somewhere could just finish 1 really good game i'd be happy :mad:

IMO its like this every year. They release games at the worst time possible (perfect time for sales) but summer blows b/c its playing old games all the time and anticipating the fall release games. Until crysis hits its the same old same old for me:

BF2
BF2142
WoW

Word in Conflict is pretty good too. WTB more maps !!

ET:QW blows imo. not only are the graphics terrible but the whole game is bunny hopping.

I just started to play WoW for the first time out of boredom. Names Tasteofblood on the Thrall server. Playing as an Undead Warlock

I'm still struggling to find a new game that I have any interest in. I played Colin McRae Dirt for about a week but it just felt ported. I'm considering reinstalling Deus Ex...

So what's everyone playing on PC lately?

I hear ya, man.

Have been trying to hold-out until Stranglehold next month, then Crysis the following month, and the slew of other games coming for the PC this fall, but I'm bored out of my damn skull. Especially because I'm mainly a PC gamer.

Currently playing nothing really, just Burnout: Revenge with the wife. Heh.

Thinking about re-installing HL2, and maybe getting HL2:E1 again (friggin' sold it) though I really cant stand Steam and don't know if I want to bother with it again. HL2: DM used to be a blast with a plethora of excellent maps up until late last year, when many servers started disappearing, and most of my favorite (and most interesting/creative/fun, IMO) maps went out of circulation.

Everything else I've been playing all these years, despite how much I loved 'em, now are really starting to feel too linear, "restricted" and out-right boring.

With the exceptions of HL2, which still has a great aesthetic to me, and a lot of variation in the game, but again... Steam... ugh.

P.S.
Deus Ex.. now there's a "golden-oldie". Heh. That was a killer game.

BF2 (been on a BF2 kick lately....I have no idea why)
Oblivion, off and on (gotta get around to finishing my current char.)
Dark Crusade, though I haven't touched it in a few weeks
Battle for Middle Earth 2 (hey...I actually really enjoy this game. I've spent many an afternoon playing it alone or with some friends)

Homeworld 2, AoE II, Sim City 3000, Sim City 4; I still play one of those from time to time...

Just bought at a bargain price (as always) Rise Of Nations and I am actually getting used to it, so far so good :cool:

As for the temperature... well out there it's raining 2 days out of 3 so I have a lot of time to kill so long live PC gaming... :D

That is when I choose to take the night off from the endless list of things i have to do.
Lost all my gamming buddies so i really have not been motiated to play.

That is when I choose to take the night off from the endless list of things i have to do.
Lost all my gamming buddies so i really have not been motiated to play.

I know what you mean. I was playing the same games with my online buddies for years (probably about 5) then came WoW. I 'm the only one who doesn't seem to be playing that. It's a travesty...:(

I'm in the middle of the following PC games right now:

Doom 3 with Narcoza update
Quake IV (off and on)
Prey (never finished it the first time)
Ultima IX with fan patches
Al Qadim (DOSBox)
Syndicate (DOSBox)

Next month I'll be in the middle of Bioshock. :)

I think I'm about to start playing System Shock 1 again as well.

Lord of the Rings Online and whatever the LAN Mates decide is the good go for this month typically consisting of:
Q4
Stalker
CoD2
etc... we find it usually promotes everyone staying on the same page, (read mass ADHD), if we run something thats easy/quick to jump into FPS's typically lend to this.

CSS here, played oblivion earlier, was playing some SC UMS a lil (old school :p ) and besides that played single player stalker, and a lil UT 2004.

Medal Of Honor Allied Assault, Spearhead and Breakthrough MOHPA.
COD,UO,COD2
Contract Jack, Jedi Academy.
Dirt,CMR05
Agatha Chistie-Orient Express

I am anxiously awaiting MOH-Airborne

I just started to play WoW for the first time out of boredom. Names Tasteofblood on the Thrall server. Playing as an Undead Warlock

Good choice, Warlocks are amazing. Watch this video at about 40 seconds in he does like 50 thousand damage in a second... its hard to count them up lol

*edit* watch this one too :)

WoW
Live for Speed
UT99
Trackmania: United
Flatout 2 (when im in the mood)
Supreme Commander
BF2

Omg I finally got sucked into WoW.....

I was helping some level design on Insurgency, but I think thats pretty much up in flames now. I bought Nightfall and started a trial of WoW at the same time. Guild wars was fun....but it lacks any feel to it. WoW is :D

I'm a Tauren Druid on Antanidas (sp?)

Lvl 11 in my first day. I finally got back from the area where the spirit bear is and I don't feel like hunting down the guy to find my bear form.

Lord of the Rings Online (brandywine server) lvl 22 champion Fraeya 80%
Stalker 10%
Oblivion (fading fast / cant seem to get into it) 5%
Chronicles of Riddick 5%

Just finished Dreamfall (great story, not much game :))
Silent Hill 4
Sanitarium

*Dark mood :p*

BF2142 on my own

At the work LAN Party which are weekly or biweekly:

CnC3
Quake 4
Farcry - This is actually the most popular at the lan party (Assault maps are absolululy awesome!!!!

Mostly Oblivion lately. A little F.E.A.R., Supreme Commander, Far Cry, and Thief 3 from time to time. I have yet to play Titan Quest and DM: Might & Magic and would like to try them at some point.

Lately I've been playing Test Drive Unlimited, with a little R6: Vegas and STALKER from time to time. I'd like to spend some time playing with Ghost Recon:AW and HL2 with the latest FakeFactory mod, but I've played a ton of FPS before purchasing TDU.

far cry (just really got into it)
warhammer 40,000 dawn of war and expansions
rise of nations
command and conquer 3
sup com (when i have a lot of time)
oblivion (when i feel like wasting a day or two ha)
diablo 2:lod for a few levels

if you can't tell i'm really into rts games

Quake 4 DM, instagib and freezetag ownijer
LOTRO a little here and there...

Waiting for more people to gtfon q4 multiplayer. :mad:

Right now Quake's Dissolution of Eternity mission pack with Dark Places engine and high res textures.

Back