What games have you always wanted to play?

sliverjazz

Gawd
After reading through the "worst game you've ever played" thread, I figured I'd make one for games that you always wanted to. Maybe it was in a new genre that put you off, negative reviews, didn't have the money, ect.

I'd have to say Xenogears for the original Playstation. I've never played it because I feel the story mimics a popular (and one I hold pretty closely to my heart) anime series a little too closely for my tastes and I fear it may affect my enjoyment of the game. It's kinda hard to play a game when you're constantly seeing those parallels and knowing they were possibly lifted from another source.

I'd have to say Xenogears for the original Playstation. I've never played it because I feel the story mimics a popular (and one I hold pretty closely to my heart) anime series a little too closely for my tastes and I fear it may affect my enjoyment of the game. It's kinda hard to play a game when you're constantly seeing those parallels and knowing they were possibly lifted from another source.

Which anime series?

harvest moon would be the one, I remember reading all the articles and reviews in nintendo power. It looked totally sweet.

I want to say stalker, but I don't know if it counts because I actually tried playing it before. It was about two system builds ago and I had to run it on low settings. The first 5 minutes didn't really entertain me enough so I took it back and traded it for something.

As far as games I haven't touched at all, hmm, maybe Plants vs. Zombies or the Bully. Real shame since I can pick up either of them for pennies these days.

Pretty much all the good console exclusives from the past ten years...

I probably accumulated about half an hour of play time in GTA3/VC/SA on the PS2 since then; aside from that, I don't think I've touched a console since my N64. Hell, I don't think I've ever even seen a GameCube, Xbox or PS3 in real life.

I want to know what happened to all the "Virtual Reality" they promissed us years ago?
I would have loved to try some of those funky large headset VR games when they were around.

I want to know what happened to all the "Virtual Reality" they promissed us years ago?
I would have loved to try some of those funky large headset VR games when they were around.

Nobody wants virtual reality anymore. I think 3D gaming is going to be the next niche... the PS3 is going to have that update next year and you will be able to apply patches to even older games so you can play them in 3D. And also with all the new motion control stuff coming out 360 and PS3.... there's no reason for virtual reality anymore.

If you want virtual reality play... try the Virtual Boy. :rolleyes:

Kinda always wanted to play the Jak and Daxter / Ratchet and Clank / Sly Cooper games because they look fun, but they also look kiddie so I never check 'em out. Macho egotism FTL I guess.

Pretty much all the good console exclusives from the past ten years...

I probably accumulated about half an hour of play time in GTA3/VC/SA on the PS2 since then; aside from that, I don't think I've touched a console since my N64. Hell, I don't think I've ever even seen a GameCube, Xbox or PS3 in real life.

I'm not sure if you meant it this way, but those GTAs aren't console exclusives...they can be had for cheap on Steam too. Vice City in particular is so so good...

Little Big Planet would probably be mine, but I'd definitely want a PC release. I'm not interested in playing on a PS3.

Last edited:
GTA4

I've been (kind of) wanting to play GTA4 and Far Cry 2. I'm a little tired of the same old GTA games so that explains why I'm not running out and grabbing the latest GTA game.

Far Cry 2

Far Cry 2 sounded promising but the bad reviews killed it for me.

COD: MW2

I was looking forward to Modern Warfare 2 but the horrible PC reviews and the butchered MP experience killed it for me. I may still grab MW2 if it ever reaches $20 for the single player experience.

Diablo 2
System Shock

I wish I knew about Diablo 2 and System Shock when they were released. Diablo wasn't much of my style back then but now it sounds like something I enjoy. Whenever a list of greatest all-time games comes about System Shock seems to be at the top of people's list. I would have liked to experience that game and see what all of the rave is about.

Not really something I've always wanted to play... but I'd like to play Uncharted 2. Unfortunately nobody I know owns a PS3 and I'm not about to put down $300 for one game.

- Any of the Resident Evil games. I've seen the 3 movies but never played any of the games for some reason.

- Super Mario Sunshine. The only Mario game I've never played. Mostly because I never owned a GameCube or knew anyone who did. I have a Wii though, so someday I'll get to it.

- Final Fantasy IX. Didn't have the money for it when it came out...was saving up for a PS2.

Uncharted 2, but I have a huge suspicion that the gf might have gotten this plus others for me for Xmas :p.

Not really something I've always wanted to play... but I'd like to play Uncharted 2. Unfortunately nobody I know owns a PS3 and I'm not about to put down $300 for one game.

Yeah, the game has been hyped to oblivion and back but I'd say the hype is well deserved. The game is really well done on all levels I found. It's one of the few games that put a huge grin on my face from beginning to end.

I wish you could play it too. :cool:

The extremely long list of Final Fantasy games... I never owned the systems required to play them (mainly PS / PS2)... and now I'm really excited about FFXIII... with no personal FF experience at all...

I've always wanted to play Water World for Virtual Boy, but can't find a copy of the game anywhere :(

Gears of War 2 on my PC. Heh. Also, Uncharted 2 seems worth a look, as well as MGS4 and Killzone 2. Maybe Twilight Princess when I can snag a Wii for $100.

Beyond that, I'll be wanting to get my mitts on Rage, Crysis 2, Doom 4, and Project Offset. Nothing else comes to mind ATM.

The whole Half-Life series. Everyone points to them as a gem of the PC gaming world, but I never picked one up apart from playing through the zombie-ish level (Raven-something IIRC) on a friend's computer. I really should pick up the original and start working my way through the series.

I've always wanted to play Sonic Spinball....I never had a Sega Genesis and I used to play this game at Service Merchandise when I was little and loved it. I never got to play more than 20 minutes though.

harvest moon would be the one, I remember reading all the articles and reviews in nintendo power. It looked totally sweet.

The original N64 and GBC and GBA ones stole my heart. Go find them if you ever get the chance.

The original N64 and GBC and GBA ones stole my heart. Go find them if you ever get the chance.

The one on the playstation was my all time favorite. It was like a reboot of the N64 version. Same characters (more or less) with their families all mixed up, but a lot more little things in gameplay made it great.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 PC Beta.. I mean wtf EA... bring it already! :cool:

I always wanted Valkyrie Chronicles on PS3, and I finally got one and am playing it!

If I had known this was a Overworks game, and knew about all the Skies of Arcadia refs I probably would have got a PS3 much sooner!

I'd love to play System Shock 2, but it's pretty hard to find. I keep trying to play STALKER but for some reason I can't get into it.

Any Zelda game. I've never really played one.
i get all warm inside when i think of ocarina of time. i'll never forget the day i picked it up. i reserved it at k-mart of all places...i got the free t-shirt that came with it. the next 2 weeks were gaming heaven. to this day it's still probably the most epic gaming experience i've ever had. the music, the grfx (at the time), the story.....ah man, it was the shiot.

hmmm back on topic, i'd have to go with:

diablo 2, and the newest metal gear are the only two i can think of now.

Back