What games are you looking forward to in 2009?

Daeldus

Weaksauce
Me personally I'm looking forward to
Wolfenstein
Max Payne 3
Modern Warfare 2
Duke Nukem Forever (lul)

Whichever Blizzard game makes it--Diablo 3 or Starcraft II. And Riddick. That is about it.

I'd love to finally see Alan Wake, but it's starting to look like the next Duke Nukem Forever.

Modern Warfare 2 and possibly the new Halo (not Halo Wars) tat is supposed to be similar to Halo 3 through a different character. Obviously the latter is for the Xbox.

Project Offset, if it hits.

DC Universe Online.

Mass Effect 2 if it drops this year.

Whichever Blizzard game makes it--Diablo 3 or Starcraft II. And Riddick. That is about it.

SC2 (at least the Terran campaign) is definitely coming out before D3.

I'd love to finally see Alan Wake, but it's starting to look like the next Duke Nukem Forever.

not starting too, it is.

I'm watching Bioshock 2 and Diablo 3's development pretty closely, but I suspect those are both summer 10 releases. I'm also thinking that at PDC we'll hear something about HL2 EP3. I'll be intrested to see how Half Life 2 takes on a snowy environment --Which reminds me capcom announced uhh... (struggling to think of this name...) Lost planet 2 (thats the one). That looks good but again summer 10.

Ok, this year: Starcraft 2, and COD6.

wake me up when HL2EP3 comes out

The only game I'm really interested in is Borderlands. I am, however, keeping an eye out for COD 6, Blizzard's release, and Alan Wake.

After getting hyped up for Hellgate: London and Far Cry 2, I've pretty much destroyed the hype receptacles inside my head.

Only games to be excited for are Modern Warfare 2 and Need for Speed Shift.

Why the hell didn't someone make a reasonably good multiplayer FPS with the Unreal 3 engine? I'm tired of the CoD engine =(

Dragon Age, whatever game Valve releases next (HLEP3, or that other co op fps they have been working on), COD modern warfare 2, Blizzards next game, and Guild Wars 2.

Street Fighter 4.
I am also looking forward to COD:WAW's, left 4 dead's, and TF2's updates.

Hoping for Alan Wake and they don't screw up Max Payne 3. Fingers crossed for Mafia II.

Starcraft 2
Dragon Age Origins

And Diablo 3 but prob wont be out til 2010.

Clutch
Death Track (just got the demo to try out)
Batman: Arkham Asylum
The Chronicles of Riddick: Attack on Dark Athena
Wolfenstein
Max Payne 3

Lots I'm looking forward to (mostly console games):

Tekken 6
Diablo 3 (fingers crossed!)
Forza Motorsport 3
Max Payne 3
Modern Warfare 2
Assassins Creed 2
Mass Effect 2

Jumpgate Evolution
EVE : Ambulation(expansion, but I'm putting it here anyway)
Earthrise
Perhaps Fallen Earth, but not sure.

just about anything from blizzard bioware or stardock

fallen earth interest me as well but i try not to get my hopes up after dealing with neocron

Interested in the following : -

Max Payne 3 - but no Remedy - so high possibility it could be wank. I have this recurring nightmare that Rock* will turn it in to Manhunt!
CoD - Modern Warfare 2 - but can it live up to CoD 4? Or will it be more CoD 5 than 4? Hopefully IW will get it right, unlike Treyarch
Alan Wake - worrying lack of progress with this game. But looks interesting

Can't wait for (although probably not 2009 games)

HL2 Episode 3
Portal 2

Would like more of Assassin's Creed (with more variety), Mirror's Edge and Dead Space at Xmas.

I'm looking forward to Fallout 3 - Broken Steel DLC so I can return to the game with the level cap raised.

Also looking forward to new class updates in Team Fortress 2, does that count?

In the last few years there have been two 'sleeper' hit games. Namely The Witcher and STALKER SoC, so hopefully 2009 will spring up another modern classic out of the blue... I really hope so as there isn't one single game this year that I'm spooging my undies over!

duke nukem forever
alan wake
cod modern warfare 2

also axiously awaiting a new elder scrolls title, but I highly doubt we'll see it this year

Starcraft II or diablo III...either one....I don't care, just as long as one of them comes out this year...

I'm not really "pumped" about anything so far.

I'm hoping OpFlash 2 and ARMA 2 are good but I'm afraid they're too hit-or-miss to get my hopes up.

Modern Warfare 2 might be good but it remains to be seen if it will really be anything more than just another Call of Duty game. That's not necessarily a bad thing but I don't like proving to game execs that constant refreshes are where the money is at. If it's worth it and really improves on the series I'll get it.

Mafia 2 is looking really cool too.

For 2009 I'm mostly looking forward to actually playing through my backlog so I won't mind if it's a bad year for new games. I still haven't opened Crysis: Warhead or STALKER: Clear Sky which is ironic since Crysis and STALKER: SoC are two of the best games I've played since I built my new rig. I also still haven't played HL2EP1, EP2, and Portal since TF2 got my attention from the Orange Box. What can I say...I prefer multiplayer and I like to exhaust it while it has a community. I still have lots of DoW2, BF2, CoD4, TF2 and L4D multiplayer action in me.

God, all the games coming out are going to be multitudes of consolified ports and stupid generic cookie cutter sequels of sequels that will usually be more FPS where you mindlessly kill mobs of enemies until you get bored to tears of shooting the same models with different skins or get tired of unclever scripted events and linear gameplay. Also a plethora of 3rd person games. Yuck.

Not seeing anything to really look forward to. Last year I looked forward to Mirror's Edge the most and H.A.W.X. has been a pleasant surprise. I will have to check adventuregamers.com to see if there are any good adventure games coming out.

Starcraft 2 will be entertaining after about 1 or 2 years and they come out with a warchest and there are enough user maps for other modes of gameplay like Tower Defense or something like DOTA (the state of Warcraft 3 after 2-3 years). I don't like actual RTS gameplay at all.

Mass Effect 2
Batman Arkham Asylum
Dragon Age
Arma 2
Operation Flashpoint 2

possibly Starcraft 2, Max Payne 3 and maybe HL Episode 3

CoD: Modern Warfare 2 ought to be good.
Max Payne 3 with any luck
DNF (er...)
Op Flashpoint 2
Alan Wake
Any new valve games, hopefully the end of the HL saga just to finally put a cap in the ass of that game, and maybe portal 2
Bioshock 2 (maybe)
Mortal Online, MMO
Wolfenstein
Batman AA if it hits PC
Maybe Assassins creed 2 if they can make it less repetative
Mafia II
Maybe diablo 3 if it's done well
Any new Crysis expansions that may hit

I still have an ass load of games from 08 or early 09 that I need to play that I still have not even installed, Colonization (remake), Dead Space, Cryostasis, Bully, Tomb Raider Underworld, necrovision. Crysis Warfare and STALKER CS

need to revisit some others to finish, James bond quantum of solace, brothers in arms hells highway, Mirrors edge, rainbow 6 vegas 2, farcry 2 (oh god) and unfortunatel FO3

Wow thats quite a list...

Nothing really, this year. It's been four years since BF2, and that's the last title that I was really excited about. Think I'll hang tight and play some current/older games this year, and decide in 2010 whether to spend another $1200 on a new rig for the latest and greatest or not. I guess I'm really looking for a BF3 equivalent.

Oy thanks for the reminder Frostex. I forgot I just ordered BiA:HH for $8 on Newegg two days ago...just another game for the pile. Still need FO3 too...

Diablo 3
Fallout 3 : Broken Steel
Wolfenstien
Left 4 Dead SDK (crossroads mall) and (Racoon City) mods
Modern Warfare 2
Twisted Metal (ps3)
Rage

...The Announcement of Doom 4 and The Elderscrolls 5... :D

Back