What game looks more worth my time dead space? or fallout 3?

tvdang7

Supreme [H]ardness
Just wonder which i should play i really dont know what im looking for really. Fall out looks like another stalker game and dead space just a regular shooter. Opinions?

Get Dead Space first. By the time you finish that we may be lucky and have a patch to fix up Fallout 3. Then get that.

Both, just pick which one you want first. Get Dead Space, it's one of the best games I've played in a long long time.

Get Dead Space first. By the time you finish that we may be lucky and have a patch to fix up Fallout 3. Then get that.

I've read a few people talking about bugs but I haven't encountered many, (no shop stoppers,) short of the memory leak... What issues have you run into; (or are you talking the 360/PS3 version?)

Just wonder which i should play i really dont know what im looking for really. Fall out looks like another stalker game and dead space just a regular shooter. Opinions?

Another stalker game and a Dead Space a regular shooter? Wow... that sure is a bland way to put things.

FO3 is incredible. If you want a game you can sink into and spend hours upon hours in the Wastelands with a deep rpg system, its well worth your time.

Dead Space is a GF for me. I know it is great, but Im not feeling it worth my $60 at the moment. Can anyone comment on the replay value?

FO3 will definitely last you a lot longer and so far I haven't had any issues with the game at ultra settings.

if you get dead space get it on a console. the controls are an utter abomination on the pc.

if you get dead space get it on a console. the controls are an utter abomination on the pc.

Not true.

I've been playing it on the PC. If you turn off Vsync and max out any and all mouse related sensitivities you're set.

Remapping keys would have been nice and a person who uses a mouse in their left hand won't be happy, but that's about it.

Of course, there's always the option of plugging in a 360 controller or any number of other USB controllers into the PC if one feels the need...

Both are excellent. I have to say I'm enjoying Dead Space more currently, but that's because I haven't spent as much time getting into FO3 yet. I definitely like the atmosphere of Dead Space a bit more. (just more my style) So, I'd say get both. (leaning toward Dead Space) I'm a big System Shock fan, and Dead Space is filling this need very well right now.

can anyone comment on how long they spent on the game? just wondering how many hours i need to spare to get into these games.

can anyone comment on how long they spent on the game? just wondering how many hours i need to spare to get into these games.

I'm about 6 to 8 hours into Fallout 3 and feel like I've barely scratched the surface; but I was drawn into it within the first couple of minutes...

I'm into Dead Space about 5-6 hours, and it seems like I'll have about that much more to go based on where I've been. I've only played about 2 hours of Fallout 3, but it's not the same type of game. Based on playing Oblivion in the past, you could make F3 take as little or as much time as you want. That said, I'm not sure how long just going through the main plot (if it works the same way) would take.

I'm currently playing both on the PC. They both serve different needs. If I only have a relatively short time to play, (half an hour or so) and want to get a quick fix, then I load up Dead Space, dismember some nasty looking beasties and I'm good to go. If I have a free afternoon and several hours to kill, then Fall out 3 is more my drug of choice due to it's much deeper gameplay and decision making involved. Both are great games. That said, I definitely recommend using a 360 controller for Dead Space if you play it on the PC. The button set up is definitely f*cked up and I was very frustrated until I just plugged in the controller. Luckily I had one on hand that I purchsed originally for Devil may Cry 4 on PC. Anyway, just my 2 cents.

I enjoy both, I felt I was getting towards the end of dead space so I switched to fallout 3 (i dont want to beat dead space yet its to damn fun :p) It took me a bit to warm up to fallout but after the first couple of hours I was hooked :D so my vote is get both lol

I played Dead Space for 2 nights, I will never play it again. It's a horribly repetative and boring game that is on rails. The view in Dead Space also made me physically ill.

In my opinion, you simply must have both :D

Seriously, Dead Space is the best survival horror type if game I've played in years. It doesn't really do anything revolutionary except for making you dismember enemies with shaped weapons (which is pretty damn sweet). It's just that it's executed so damn well! The surround sound, the atmosphere, the graphics, the voice acting--they're all top-notch.

When you step into vacuum for the first time you'll get that extremely eerie sense of quiet. When you kill a necromorph in zero-g and blood spirals out in globules as the body spins in the air you'll probably stop and stare for a minute at the gruesome beauty. The music that you hear while you're fixing the antennae array is actually very pretty, and stands in stark contrast to the horrible forms that the necromorphs take (I won't spoil them for you).

I recommend Dead Space for the consoles, due to the controls.

Fallout 3 is a completely different game, though, and I'm currently enjoying it quite a bit.

Really, these were the two "must haves" for the month of october for me, and they are living up to my expectations (and exceeding, in the case of Dead Space).

stalker and obliviion were a piece of shit id never finish or play

fallout 3 on other hand is the shit

Can we get a sticky in the gen gaming forum titled "If you have to ask just buy fallout 3" ?

Fallout 3 duh!

Don't mind all the people saying there are problems with this game. If you keep your computer updated like a tech savy person should , this game is flawless.

stalker and obliviion were a piece of shit id never finish or play

fallout 3 on other hand is the shit

Pretty informative and conclusive. Glad I bothered to read something as non-moronic as this, else I'd be tempted to shout in your face should I ever meet you.

I just bead Dead Space. Dead Space is a great game. I have to admit though,**SPOILER** the final boss was a disappointment to me. Way too easy to kill. I knew immediately what to shoot at and I didn't get hit once.**SPOILER**

Both are great games - but Dead Space has much shorter shelf life in terms of play time - You're looking at about 12 hours to beat the game, and unless you really get a kick out of New Game + modes, you're probably done with it.

Fallout 3 could probably be speed ran in 12 hours, but you'd miss out on 80% of the game, exploration, side quests, etc. I think I'm at about 20 hours played on my first playthrough, and still haven't scratched much of the surface. Replaying FO3 with a different character will give a much more varied experience than New Game + in Dead Space as well.

In short, Fallout 3 will probably keep you busy long enough to see a price drop on Dead Space.

Try both. Then decide.

Dead Space was short and sweet. Rich atmosphere. Nice upgrade system. Controls were fine with a little tweaking.

Fallout 3 just doesn't grab me. Drab graphics: Dull colour palette. Horrible textures. Uninspired, generic character models and stiff animations. Plus, why do you always have to go to your pipboy to switch weapons? Lame. Takes you out of the game too often. I was really looking foward to it but after seeing it in action for a while, I'm not impressed.

Try both. Then decide.

Dead Space was short and sweet. Rich atmosphere. Nice upgrade system. Controls were fine with a little tweaking.

Fallout 3 just doesn't grab me. Drab graphics: Dull colour palette. Horrible textures. Uninspired, generic character models and stiff animations. Plus, why do you always have to go to your pipboy to switch weapons? Lame. Takes you out of the game too often. I was really looking foward to it but after seeing it in action for a while, I'm not impressed.

The graphics are the best any open world game has ever had. Super far draw distance, amazing style, and superb atmosphere.

All colors are from nature, after a nuke + fallout, not very many colors are around. Also, I'd give it two more days for a weapon mod.... I know Oblivion had one right out the gate.

The graphics are the best any open world game has ever had. Super far draw distance, amazing style, and superb atmosphere.

All colors are from nature, after a nuke + fallout, not very many colors are around. Also, I'd give it two more days for a weapon mod.... I know Oblivion had one right out the gate.

The graphics are not that pretty. Textures are super low resolution, models are low polygon, smoke effects are dithered. There are no transparencies in the windows. I take it all in stride because I think it gives Fallout a sort of "comic book" look in how rough it is...

But play Far Cry 2 and you'll see what a beautiful and sometimes photo-realistic wide open world can look like. Too bad that game sucks.

Try both. Then decide.

Graphics are what make games fun.

Try both. Then decide.

Its pretty much the point of the pipboy and VATS to take you out of the game. At its core its still an RPG not a FPS. If you wanted straight up FPS action fallout is not for you in fact the idea is to use VATS to avoid just that..

I played a bit of Dead Space at a friends the other day and the atmosphere was nice.. great sound and graphics. It reminded me of Doom3 though. I didn't get to play enough to see if it was as scripted as Doom3 was though (same monster jumps out of the same spot the same way every time kinda thing).

I might pick it up after the price drops a bit. If FO3 is anything like Oblivion, I'll skip it.

I got both at the same time.. Deadspace would have been my choice, but then I got about an hour in FO3, and haven't went back :)

I will, I'm just really liking FO3 right now :) :)

Not true.

I've been playing it on the PC. If you turn off Vsync and max out any and all mouse related sensitivities you're set.

Remapping keys would have been nice and a person who uses a mouse in their left hand won't be happy, but that's about it.

Of course, there's always the option of plugging in a 360 controller or any number of other USB controllers into the PC if one feels the need...

are you kidding me? the inventory system is a joke and you can't even look around properly because of the stupid camera angle that you have no way to change!

just letting you know i got FO3 and so far is starting to get there. Boring beginning however but slowly progressing. I got dead space too so ill play it after.

Back