What game have you been playing lately?

BF3 beta (withdrawal) - Fun. Release version will be better. Can't wait.

Yeah, played the alpha and beta and love it and am having some serious withdrawl. Less then a week left, I can't wait!

Other then that since labor day I've been playing:

Metro 2033 - finished it and cranked up the difficulty and playing it again which I've never done before but I loved the game.
CoD MW 1 & 2 single player
MoH single player
Finished off Crysis 2 and Deadspace 2
Eve Online (although since I played the BF3 alpha I've mostly been playing shooters and haven't logged much time in Eve.)
Frontlines Fuel of War (Not the best game but it was okay.)

I also broke down and bought an xbox 360 a couple weeks ago and my son and I played through Gears of War and are partway through Gears of War 2 currently.

TF2 mainly. Got back into it after a year+ hiatus.
Still have to finish RAGE and DXHR.
Trackmania 2: Canyon is a lot of fun.

Arma 2
DCS: A-10C Warthog
Take on Helicopters
Starcraft 2
The Witcher 2 (second playthrough)
Jamestown
Civ V
TF2

Finished Deus Ex: HR last night. I think I'll see how far I can make it through Two Worlds II before BF3 launches next week.

Forgotten Hope 2 mod for BF2. Sadly North Americans seem to not play this anymore except on Saturday so any NA must deal with ~200 ping.

PC:
  • Bad Company 2 - Love the MP!
  • RAGE - Forcing myself to finish it so I feel less bad about spending the $$$
  • Doom III - Never did play this one back in the day, so I'm working through it now. Better than RAGE.
PS3:
  • Arkham City (Love it, but wonder if I should have held out for PC version)
  • Portal 2. SP was great, working through co-op with my wife.
360:
  • Dead Space - Too hard!
  • Red Dead Redemption - Not enough time to properly "dive into" this one

Well i usually dont have all that much free time to focus on a single game, so i end up with a huge backlog of titles...
Since i finally had some vacation time i replayed Batman:AA, Prince of Persia 2008, Prince of Persia The forgotten Sands, all to get in the mood for Batman.
I finally had time to finish MW1 after ~4 years, i went out and got MW2, WaW and BlackOps, and finished each of those in ~2 days, enjoyed them although the last lvls of BlackOps felt too easy.

After that i installed some of my old games to see which one could attract me just like the mindless fun of CoD, gave Call of Juarez 2 a try, but i stopped on the "attack the steamboat" part because that game has an absurd ammount of blur and makes me sick//tired.

And finally yesterday i installed Crysis 2 with the high res and tessellation packs, so far it is kinda fun, i dont agree with the "infinite reinforcements" idea of the devs in some areas and thus have made it a point to stealth from those situations, all in all i do think that with the extras it is quite enjoyable for my taste.

PC:
  • Bad Company 2 - Love the MP!
  • RAGE - Forcing myself to finish it so I feel less bad about spending the $$$
  • Doom III - Never did play this one back in the day, so I'm working through it now. Better than RAGE.
PS3:

• [*]Arkham City (Love it, but wonder if I should have held out for PC version)
  • Portal 2. SP was great, working through co-op with my wife.
360:
  • Dead Space - Too hard!
  • Red Dead Redemption - Not enough time to properly "dive into" this one

I didn't hold out either, and this is going to be GOTY, IMO.

Such an incredible sequel. I can't stop playing it.

Back