what game has consumed the most of your time?

Devilpup

[H]ard|Gawd
what game (or games) have consumed the most real-world hours of your time?

for me it was Ultima Online, i put a lot of time into that game.

runner up is either FF7 or Morrowind, though both far behind UO

I played UO for close to 5 years. I despise the game now and won't have anything to do with it. Tribes 1&2 fall into second place.

enemy territory + frag ops. just starting to play alot of css now :\
i dont play any rpg's really

Ultima Online

Sadly, the game is a shell of its former self. Why Richard Garret allowed his creation to turn into what it is now I'll never know.

Right now it's Star Ocean 3, just like the previous one did a couple of years back. It takes about 60 hours to finish the main story then there's the bonus dungeons and the second or third playthroughs. I hope to see all of the endings before Gran Turismo 4 comes out. :p

RTCW: Enemy Territory ate up a ton of my time as well. I couldn't play just one game, especially if the players were great.

Warcraft = 3-4 years.
Starcraft = 5 years (top 50 ladder)
Quake2/3 = 2-3 years.
Counter-Strike = from 1.3 -to- SOURCE

Overall, I would say Quake 3. Just played and played and played and played. After that, probably Desert Combat and Street Fighter II (from arcade to consoles, I put a hell of a lot of time into it)

A series of WWII Strategy games called Combat Mission, been playing almost daily since Sept. 2000. A close second would be HL, which would include TFC and CS.

Just curious, 3 of you have stated UO then said it has been ruined. Why was it good before and what happened to it?!?!

most of my time has been taken up by Half-Life : Day of Defeat

CS is a close second but that was years ago

Diablo 2.

I never touched Everquest because of what it did to a friend of mine (not to mention the pay-to-play). I used to go to his house and we'd talk or play Diablo 2 together or do whatever it is that friends do. But when he got into Everquest it was like he was smoking crack, he didn't care about anything except that game. I'd go over to his house and he wouldn't even acknowledge my existence, or his families! It was all about Everquest and his damn clan and his obsession with that stupid elf woman on the game's cover.

The good thing that came out of that game though is that it made him type very quickly. :p

Yea I did a spell of EQ and I swear when people started calling it Evercrack it was the truth!

Warcraft 3 + Frozen Throne. A couple times through the single player campaign for WC3, once for the expansion, and then countless hours of online play. CS is probably a close second though.

UO for me aswell.

Easily.

Sad thing is, if EA hadn't fucked it up, with trammel/fel crap, and didn't make it an item important mmorpg now, i would still play it.

It was easily, to me, the best mmorpg there was, and still to this day not ONE other mmorpg has came close to how fun old UO was. No mmorpg has came close to how "open" it felt, how exciting the game was and simply how much fun it was.

Next, i'd have to say Myth II.

I played mp for myth II and still do occasionally to this day with www.playmyth.net

I hate microsoft for buying bungie and closing down bungie.net. They pissed off a lot of fans when that happened, but we didn't let it get the best of us.

I started playing an awesome FREE game when I was 15 and I loved it, play it to this day (6.5 years), have well over 15k hours in this game.

www.wulfram.com please try it :)

I also play cs, dod, HL, Farcry, and that's about it

~Adam

UO and diablo 2. I too wish UO could somehow go back to the old days.... Tram brough panzies to the game, and AOS totally ruined the game completely.

I definitely wasted too much time playing EQ for 5 years. In a distant second would be Quake, Warcraft 3, and NWN.

My new favorite way to waste time is WoW beta especially since my wfie got an account too.

]|[ Mar']['in ]|[ said:
It's funny I was thinking about starting up with D2 again :rolleyes: anyone else up for the challenge? :p

Actually, a week ago me and my friends thought the same thing, but the new v10 patch apparently sucks and makes the game horrible. They supposedly changed a lot of things, and you can get rushed anymore! :p :(

UO - I canned 1 month ago and had played since a year before EQ came out.

EQ - I had a 51 Warrior that was banned on Rallos Zek and a 56 Necro on Rallos on another account I ended up selling along with numerous other minor characters I tried on blue servers but didn't get far as I didn't really care for the non-pvp aspect. (Bring on WoW PvP!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Magestorm - fps type game that I first played on AOL.

Starcraft + Brood War Expansion - online via battlenet

Planetside - I played it 24/7 from when it came out last summer till last December then slowly stopped after all the updates and changes, call me a jerk but I took extreme satisfaction out of running over and killing my squadmates (real life friends) with my Vanguard Tank.

Battlefield Vietnam - I just can't get enough

Sims 2 - something I never figured I'd be spending time with but like mostly everybody here I love video games (mainly PC) and I was drawn by the graphics and sucked in by the gameplay - its not unlike UO or EQ in the sense of developing characters.

HRslammR said:
diablo 2.

*shudder*

You know, it's still as addictive as ever, even offline. It's scary.
(Singleplayer, the 1.10-patch seems good to me.)

Star wars galaxies, was a jedi on Lowca (18 professions)....god that took way to much time for what I ebayed it for, hehe.

Wasnt a bad game till they changed everything 5 times over though, ah well.

Definately Diablo2...

I just tried to install it again the other day. Luckily for me, I have misplaced the install disk. I guess it's back to ffxi..

DavePars7 said:
Star wars galaxies, was a jedi on Lowca (18 professions)....god that took way to much time for what I ebayed it for, hehe.

Wasnt a bad game till they changed everything 5 times over though, ah well.

what did you ebay your jedi for?

Back