• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

what FPS would I get if...

dazza666

n00b
Joined
Mar 21, 2004
Messages
10
...I put a 9600xt card in a 1.8 ghz P4, 512 SDRAM machine with a x4 AGP motherboard on FAR CRY, I get about 26 at the moment with my old geforce 2MX, but I know that pretty much all the new features of dx 8/9 are used in FAR CRY and as my card doesnt support them they are turned off which is why the fps is so high for such an old card, any ideas?!?! I have played a bit of the game with these horrible graphics and dont want to get any further into it and end up spoiling the good bits because they look rubbish!
 
Well I know that you probably have all of the settings turned down to lowest right now, right?

With the 9600XT, if you kept those settings, you would probably have somewhere around 80-100 FPS. But, anything over 40-60 is overkill, therefore, you could then up the texture quality, resolution etc...

hope that helped
 
they are on medium at the moment with geforce 2, any idea what they would be if i turned them up to `high`(on a 9600 xt) would be be very laggy?
 
Back
Top