What Fan For XP-120?

i have 2x120mm sunons, 108cfm, 46db iirc.. they're pretty annoying, but it's low pitched so it's not as bad as a 45db 80mm fan
 
I have the Panaflo 120x38 114CFM - 45db one....it is that loud.

I went with the Nexus(YateLoon) Orange 120mm fan...works great and I can't hear it.
 
I just got the XP-90 with the panaflo fan and I can not hear it above the other fans...and it it 1000 times quieter then the stock fan was...
 
Sorry for the slight thread highjack, but I need to buy 4-5 120mm fans. I don't want to spend $20 per fan. Would the cheap 120mm fans on newegg like one of these I posted below with similar sound ratings/flow numbers be good enough?

Masscool: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835150032
Aspire: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811998127
kingwin: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811999965

I don't expect them to be just as good, but for the price I wouldn't mind close.
 
If there was a 120mm TORNADO, thats what i would use. :p
 
(cf)Eclipse said:
i have 2x120mm sunons, 108cfm, 46db iirc.. they're pretty annoying, but it's low pitched so it's not as bad as a 45db 80mm fan

I dont' know the pitch diference between 80-120mm fans, but the stock fan on my a64 @6500 & 45db was very annoying. I could hear that thing screaming 50ft away through 2 doors! I did have an old sunon 120mm fan that pushed ~115cfm....it was a growler, but not too annoying.
 
newls1 said:
If there was a 120mm TORNADO, thats what i would use. :p

haha, those damn tornado's. when i was testing it i had it sitting on top of my computer and when i turned it on it shot straight into the air. but i could hear the fan from everywhere in the house, so i became 1 of the 90% of people that end up returning it. the guys at the customer service counter had a laugh about it, apparently none of them was worthy of wielding the Tornado either.
 
obs said:
I ordered a Panaflo L1A for my xp-120.

Where did you find it for sale?

Also for the Nexus (Yate-loon) people: does the fan really push enough air? I'm trying to find a fan with a bit more oomph than the Nexus' because I think a tad bit more noise won't be noticeable but the cooling difference might.

I'm also buying an XP-120 for my new A64 soon.
 
Back
Top