Direct Die Cooling
Phase Change
Peltier
Liquid Nitrogen
Submersion

Did I miss anything?

VapoChill? that might fall into one of those categories, I'm not sure

yep.you missed one.

you've missed spray cooling.....kind of a cross between submersion cooling and watercooling...They use it on certain Cray machines......as well as some prototype stuff i've seen around.

Vapochill is phase change.

:D

BrainEater said:
yep.you missed one.

you've missed spray cooling.....kind of a cross between submersion cooling and watercooling...They use it on certain Cray machines......as well as some prototype stuff i've seen around.

Vapochill is phase change.

:D

Link?

Missed chilled water. Normally you'd have say the evap of an AC (part that gets cold) setting in like a cooler filled with a liquid concotion of sorts (this method really works - simple water would freeze in a decent setup). Nice project on old stuff is to convert either an air conditioner or dehumidifier into a liquid chiller, pipe benders help you get the evap into the cooler which will serve as your resovoir of -20 water :), then you watercool as normal (pumps, blocks), but skip the rad, and this is trickiest extreme cooling to insulate.... have to do the tubes and everything. Advantages are it's cheap and like Traditional WC, throw another block in the loop and you are good to cool another component.

Evaporative / Bong Cooling??

Goes sub ambient but dont spoze its exterme. Except for the algae grouth! :D

Chilled liquid is one ya missed.
Direct die? Doesnt that just mean X method of cooling straight onto the die?

geothermal cooling. i have seen it before... on [H] frontpage probably 2 years ago...

Ducted turbofan. It works until it blows your case over and down the hall...

Back