What does [H] think of "Rambooster"?

For cheap people who don't want to buy another 128/256mb stick of ram. Lame.

I'm currently watching people with 1-2GB of RAM claim to get better game performance (50 - 70% improvement) on a game specific forum. It's confusing to say the least. It seems to me (with my limited knowledge) that this is very suspect and probably something wrong with the game or their system to begin with. I have no performance issues with the game but a lot of people seem to.

What games were they seeing better performance with?

Titan Quest: Immortal Throne

It's being claimed that the game is bugged and/or has a memory leak but I see no evidence of that excpet for the large amount of people with issues. Specifically slow downs, lag and a rubber banding effect.

They are claiming this program fixes the "bug".

RAM cleaning programs like that one can do one beneficial thing - if you run a poorly designed program that takes up memory but doesn't give it back after you quit it, the RAM cleaning program will get the memory back for you. Basically, it takes everything in the RAM that doesn't look like it will be used again and moves it to the hard drive. This is what the page file does in Windows, but the RAM cleaning program has the added ability of being able to regain locked memory.

Not that I disagree but could you explain why?

I've seen it cause problems on more than one machine. I have never seen it provide any kind of performance improvement either on any machine.

Back