What does 600fsb?

gc86

Gawd
My ds3 is capped around 520 and I want to push this e6300 more because I know its capable, what motherboard does a 600fsb?

My ds3 won't budge past a 520fsb meaning the northbridge gets to unstable at that speed.

something like a P35 on extreme cooling - I doubt that you'll get it on air or possibly even water.
& I believe that CPUs that are capable of 600fsb are somewhat thin on the ground.

Ugh, fragged the DS3 in my sig the other day and picked up a new one locally that doesn't even do 500fsb stable like my old rev 3.3 did. I know my e6300 can do 550*7 but I can't find any motherboards that allow such a high fsb.

You want a P35 chipset based mobo but bear in mind that at very high fsb the latencies will be slacker.

waste of money.

Well Michael don't get that , it's almost the same price, runs cooler , doesn't have the mosfests on the rear and has a better voltage circuitry than our P5K DLX
, for his purposes he has to squeeze every little drop of juice out of the mobo... Premium or Blitz formula is a good option ( the latter has much improved fine tuning of all the voltages and co...)

on a cascade ...
Correction: Oskar pulled his 667FSB on a phased PROCESSOR- I think it was Victor who said the motherboard cooling was 100% stock, and even had only a minor voltage bump on the chipset.

Well Michael don't get that , it's almost the same price, runs cooler , doesn't have the mosfests on the rear and has a better voltage circuitry than our P5K DLX
, for his purposes he has to squeeze every little drop of juice out of the mobo... Premium or Blitz formula is a good option ( the latter has much improved fine tuning of all the voltages and co...)

I thought it was nice if you could get 500+ FSB. 600+ is really shooting high. You're going to have to shell out quite a few pennies to get a board that nice.

P35 motherboards are doing very well. I'd probably recommend the Abit IP-35Pro. I've heard lots of good things from people who own that motherboard. I'd stay away from asus, I don't like their quality and I sure as hell don't like their v-droop, but maybe they've changed.

Correction: Oskar pulled his 667FSB on a phased PROCESSOR- I think it was Victor who said the motherboard cooling was 100% stock,
they look to actually have removed the PWM & chipset heatsinks.
pretty sure that it's a cascade though.

What are the newer P35 boards hitting the wall at? if you own one please post.

a lot of people seem to think that they are hitting their CPU's fsb limit rather than the board's ...

Well the mobo heatsinks were stock they even removed the digital PWM heatsink :confused:

According the post on Extremesystems, 6 boards were tested and all did 600-630 with that CPU only this one posted and benched that high...

2.09V VPLL
1.76V VNB
1.5V VFSB

CPU cooling is cascade -90~ -100 , NorthBridge and SouthBridge didn't change cooler

I hope that it doesn't squeal like the P965 Dark

Also your mobo can do 600FSB maybe but many CPU's won't do that do their FSB limitations...

Let's await in depth reviews at the hardware sites....

Correction: Oskar pulled his 667FSB on a phased PROCESSOR- I think it was Victor who said the motherboard cooling was 100% stock, and even had only a minor voltage bump on the chipset.

Yeah with a CPU handpicked out of probably thousands.

Back