What do you use to manage your music collection?

That's a difficult answer. I suppose it would depend on your definition of "manage."

Personally, I use WMP. I do all my tagging with MP3Tag. This setup does what I want with a minimum of fuss. Out of all the others that I've tried, Media Monkey comes the closest which is why I have it as a backup player on my machine.

Mp3tag. foobar2000 is in charge of ReplayGain scanning and the occasional tag fix, but Mp3tag's the main app.

This thread reminded me I have a pretty jumbled music collection. I'll try these apps out, thanks.

winamp windows explorer and tagscanner. tagscanner is the best renamer ive seen. import all my music to winamp library.

This is overwhelming, even with software. Leaving things to automatically checking internet databases and filling in data in my experience has been inaccurate unless you've just ripped the entire CD. Or you go through each file one by one with a database and tell it yes or no, then correct the spelling, casing, and symbols.

MediaMonkey, because it's free, loaded with options, can handle the tagging and embedding of album art, and syncs with my devices.

I use foobar's file operations tool to organize everything- I can customize exactly how folder and file names will be sorted and save the template. However, this is easy for me because I only have full albums and not scattered songs.

This is overwhelming, even with software.
Tackling an entire library in one shot is overwhelming -- no question. Once you get it cleaned up, though, additions to your library are quick and easy.

It's a process. Just take your time; find a workflow that suits you; work through it.

MediaMonkey with Mp3tag handles everything I can throw.

Though like phide said, the hardest part is starting off. Once you have a structure, adding music is cake.

A folder with subfolders by band and subfolder under that by album. Right click on band, or album, select play in VLC (or wmp).

No need to orgaize other than that if you like to listen to albums instead of random tracks on shuffle.

I personally do not enjoy the intro song to Electric Eye by Judas Priest (hellion) to go to Rush's Red Sector A or go from Disarmonia Mundi to Pink Floyd

Songbird, until about a week ago, when for some reason it spontaneously decided to stop playing the files I double-click on.

Give MediaMonkey a try. Songbird worked great for a while, then gave me weird issues.

Media Monkey, except using Zune (to sync with my Zune since MM can't).

Switched from iTunes a few months ago...very glad I did. Nothing beats Ctrl+L (album lookup) then Ctrl+R (to rename and put in directories as I like).

Same here, and have been since it was released. Never had any issues and love it.

yeah never really had a problem with itunes, although i started to use wmp, just to listen to music, because it gets along with my G15 better

Back