What do you use for an employee directory?

Baredor

Gawd
I am trying to come up with a replacement system for updating and publishing our employee directory. Currently we just update a spreadsheet and then print it to a linked pdf. This is archaic and time consuming. I have about 50ish people that need to be listed on said contact list.

I am working on a WSS 3.0 server, and was wondering if there was a web part that did something like this. Other than that possibility, what do you guys use to publish contact info for your medium business (other than global catalog)?

Why not script an export of the GC. You could pump the export into an xls or csv or even populate tables of an html file. I could provide some very basic vbscript for this purpose if you want.

That might be a possibility, but I'm still open to hearing how others are doing it. I would really love to find a way to integrate it with the Sharepoint site, but that may wind up being over my head if there isn't a really simple way to do it. A coder I am not. ;)

If you've got AD already, why maintain anything else? There's a number of pay utilities that will pull phone book info and even allow individuals to update their own data (no more relying on a central person to keep things up to date!). Depends of whether you want to spend the money...

There's also a number of PHP scripts already out there that will create a simple phone book from AD data... Here's one that I found real quick with Google... http://www.mpdolan.com/ad_phonedirectory.htm

Thanks a lot for this info. This will definitely help me get going. My only real issue is that I don't know anything about coding or how to implement ldap or php scripts into something that I can use. I'll keep looking into it.

Back