What do you think?

eyeless

n00b
So i was installing my x800xl on my abit is7 board and im not quite sure what happened, but i went to turn it on after installing everything and the computer turned on then turned right off. and i turned it on again and now nothing will post so just in case i put back in my old 9600 to see if anythign would happen and again nothing. The strange thing... all the LED's on the mobo are on and are normal... all the fans are firing up, the hd and all other drives are spining up, but nothing on the monitor with either card.... did i fry something? Would it be the mobo or the cpu?

and yes i did uninstall the old video card before i put in the new one.

my specs..

abit is7
1gb kingston hyper x pc3500 (2x512mb)
ati x800xl agp
audigy 2zs
p4 2.4 northwood oc'd to 3.4
400 watt antec psu

what else do you need to know?

I think you need a more powerful psu. Also when you built your com, i hope u mounted the mobo correctly with the correct bolts. As for if something is fried... i really do not know. You might have to check everything one by one. IDo you test your moniter on your other computers? Is your graphic card running?

I hope its just the psu man =)
get a higher watt one and a brand name.

mobo was dead.... The northbridge hsf came dislodged. I tried it with a new psu, new cpu, new everything and then tried everything in a new mobo... it actually looks like the northbridge chip started to melt! hehehe who knew you could melt a north bridge chip!

Thanks for all your help

Back