Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
I've pretty much always used Winamp, nothing else compares in terms of sound quality, features, skins, etc. Everything else either has poor sound quality, is bloated and sluggish, or has a unfriendly interface.
I've used Winamp since about 2000. It's excellent--very customisable and very small, visual-wise, if you make it so. I leave it on my other monitor at the top and can only notice it when I want to. I've had perfect quality with it and it's very easy to use.
Winamp is my favorite, have been using it for almost 10 years now, when I first got it I only had 13 mp3s on my computer because they took up so much space on me 1.2 gig hd
I am assuming Music Match has worse sound quality but I don't know that for sure. I do know that MM is a bloated pile of crap(imo) uses more memory and doesn't have anywhere near the functionality. I like to use ASIO in Winamp and some of the plugins are fun to play with. Everything about it is streamlined and great.
I tried Foobar for a while and it is a good solid player, but I just like the UI of Winamp better, I know you can customize foobar and all but I think the Winamp UI is perfect so why would I want to change it? "Out of the box" Foobar has the single worst UI I have ever seen in a program.
So yeah, I have tried all different players, over the years people have told me "oh man PlayerX is so much better" then those players usually just fall into obscurity.
i still use winamp... but only with classic skins. i hate the "modern" skins, theyre fugly.
i have one in particular i like, and have been using for years. i just noticed that they took it off the site tho, it never comes up anymore when you search for calvin and hobbes
i have it saved on my flash drive and some other places