what do you think about this case? Intel 5250E server chassis

i'm planning to do a dual xeon watercool setup...
so i won't have to worry about the noise...hopefully

i found some decent pix

5250E_01.jpg

5250E_02.jpg

5250E_03.jpg

Mmmmm... :D That looks better. ;) Roomy, just what I want. Too bad I can't afford that case, thugh. :( Good luck with it.

Watercooled Xeons... OCing? Or are you going to run them stock?

probably going to run them stock. but we'll see...i haven't decided on a mobo yet. if i go all intel, i ain't gonna get an extra mhz outta the system

If you like that case, you should look into SuperMicro's line of cases. The SC733T-450 case looks strikingly similar to the Intel one you pictured, to the point where I think Intel contracts SuperMicro out to make their server cases. Don't take my word for it:

http://www.supermicro.com/PRODUCT/Chassis/SC733.htm

You might be able to find the SuperMicro version for less. Then again, maybe not, but I thought I'd bring it to your attention. You may also want to take a look at their Xeon motherboard offerings, as well as Tyan's. Along with Intel, Tyan and SuperMicro are basically the top motherboard manufacturers in the Xeon market.

supermicro makes great server stuffs, their boards are rock solid and some of the best out there

and im pretty sure intel gets their stuff from supermicro also

yah the intel chassis i'm pretty sure is sourced from supermicro also...

i've pretty much chosen this case.
now what mobo to throw in it? i'm not planning on using it as a server, but a workstation...

Originally posted by xonik
If you like that case, you should look into SuperMicro's line of cases. The SC733T-450 case looks strikingly similar to the Intel one you pictured, to the point where I think Intel contracts SuperMicro out to make their server cases. Don't take my word for it:

http://www.supermicro.com/PRODUCT/Chassis/SC733.htm

You might be able to find the SuperMicro version for less. Then again, maybe not, but I thought I'd bring it to your attention. You may also want to take a look at their Xeon motherboard offerings, as well as Tyan's. Along with Intel, Tyan and SuperMicro are basically the top motherboard manufacturers in the Xeon market.

And they get most of their cases from Addtronics if you want another option. www.addtronics.com

i'm not sure if i can...

looking at this picture, it would seem that i have to remove the 92mm fan from the front inorder to access it

5250E_04.jpg

I agree it's a nice case. Wish I could afford that. Has potential definitely but also looks good the way it is.

Originally posted by skaquixotic
i'm not sure if i can...

looking at this picture, it would seem that i have to remove the 92mm fan from the front inorder to access it

Huh ?

The fan has to be there - it's needed to keep the HDDs cool ...

The Intel Site says it can be SCSI or SATA ... so you just connect the Cables on the inside, mount the Disks into the carriers and plug em in from the front ...

Woah - that is friggin' nice. I'm in the market for a new workstation soon and that (SE75005VB2 SC5250-E) just made my short list.

Wow, looks nice!

I love the built in SATA Hot Swap bays!

<goes back to site to find a price>

Originally posted by Anarchy
Huh ?

The fan has to be there - it's needed to keep the HDDs cool ...

The Intel Site says it can be SCSI or SATA ... so you just connect the Cables on the inside, mount the Disks into the carriers and plug em in from the front ...

look at the very first picture i posted, and the one just about this. one has a prestamped fangrill, the other has the hotswap drive bay.

i decided i'm gonna bring this case in...somebody owes me a favor so i'm getting it at cost :D

yeah on the second pic posted you can see the fan on the backside of the drives.

Back